My Gregory Paolini Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesource

New User
Rick
Danny,
The table looks great! I've been wondering who was paying attention.
You obviously were.
Greg is a fantastic teacher, and it shows in your work.

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
Danny;

You did a great job on the table. I am sure you will enjoy it for years to come. I hope you enjoyed building yours as much as I did mine.

Arts and Crafts furniture had never been a favorite of mine until I saw Greg's article on the Limbert table in Fine Woodworking. As soon as I saw the article, I knew I was going to build this table. I had been planning on building an oval coffee table for my den for some time and had even already purchased an elliptical router jig for the job. That weekend I was in the Mooresville area, so I picked up the quarter sawn white oak from Rick at "The Source". Not being one known for my patience, I had completed the table by the end on the following week, My finish turned out darker than I had planned, but in the end I am glad it did. It has become one of my favorite pieces of furniture that I have built. Greg, thanks again for your article and the inspiration. Had your class been announced sooner, I most likely would have taken it.

FYI - An original Charles Limbert table in this style is currently valued at 15,000 to 20,000.

100_0875.JPG

View image in gallery

jobelenus

New User
bigjohn
Very nicely done - I was in the class with you and I will be making my table this week - hopefully it will turn out as nice as yours.... What type of finish did us eend up using? I got Greg's 321 formula and it looks pretty straightforward to do.

Gregory Paolini

New User
Gregory Paolini
Dino,

Great job! Looks fantastic!!

And thank you so much for the kind words!!

FYI to everyone, We're working on some new designs with influence from Greene & Greene, as well as Rohlfs, and Mackintosh - I'm kind of in the process of finding myself, and coming up with the difinitive "Paolini Style" of Arts & Crafts - So Stay Tuned!!

Here's a couple of the Latest G&G Pieces to roll out of the shop:

GGMorrisMD.JPG
GGOccasMD.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS