My first "Design"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlrion

New User
Dan
As mentioned in a previous thread, this is my first design...

100_1392.JPG

View image in gallery

Well, sort of mine....

The handled cross is an Egyptian symbol for royalty, as are the looped needle eyes, the crescent is a symbol of fertility, and the pyramid is... well, a pyramid.

I stole a bunch of egyptian symbols, but I don't think they will mind.

Dan

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
A beautiful clock. Thanks for sharing with us!

I don't know what it is, but as much as I love the digital world, I have always been captivated by traditional timepieces!

cskipper

Cathy
That great! Including the significance of the symbols is also a good thing. How does it feel having created the pattern and finishing the piece?

FYI= if you share the pattern be sure to include your name and something to the effect of "Pattern can be used but not sold" or "Copies for personal use for making and selling limited pieces is okay. Do not sell (of share) this pattern" kind of statement or mass produce pieces from the pattern.... Also include the date - if only the year for your reference. Some members can help with that.

Good job! :icon_thum

sawduster

New User
Robert
Bravo !! :eusa_clap :notworthy: I'm interested to know how you built the pattern . Did you draw it by hand ?
I would love to learn how to do something like that :icon_thum
Cathy makes a good point . I normally put my name and year with the copyright symbol and " for personal use " when i share a pattern. The symbol is more a " barking dog " than any legal process :wink_smil

Great job bro :eek:ccasion1

dlrion

New User
Dan
Cathy, It feels good, but I think I am more critical of my own work. If this was Steve Good's I would not be as judgemental. Since it is mine, I am not happy with several things.

Robert, I did it in Sketchup, it's free and easy. The cool thing about Sketchup is you can draw it in 3D and see how it will look ahead of time.

dlrion

New User
Dan
No Matt,

It's just walnut and maple... with poly... should have used semi gloss and not gloss.

Dan

cskipper

Cathy
Dan,
One other suggestion for your pattern - design it in red or other color other than black or gray. If you don't want the entire pattern in color, at least outline all the parts that need to be cut out in a color. It can become difficult find the black blade against the black print of the pattern.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS