My first chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark2

Mark
Corporate Member
Sized for my 15 mo granddaughter from a piece of leftover white oak that was standing in corner waiting for a useful purpose.

DSCF1629.JPG

View image in gallery

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Beautiful work, I am sure she will enjoy it! Thank you for sharing.

Donn

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Fantastic work there Mark!:icon_cheers

I can see that chair in her family for a very long time and deservedly treasured.

She will really appreciate it I am sure.

Wayne

mark2

Mark
Corporate Member
Thanks all for the kind words - she does like the chair but being who she is, it is used as something to climb in and out of and or standing on (to scare grandma) more than for sitting - I got lucky in the design as she has yet to tip it.

Last edited:

sushinutnc

New User
Mike
I really like the overlay design for the top and bottom rails. Love the top rail in particular. I don't think I've ever seen that before. Great work! Your design?

mark2

Mark
Corporate Member
Mike

Yes it is my design - kind of winged as I went. Got some new tools for christmas and wanted to try scooping for the seat and top rail, as well as bent laminations (simple enough but need more clamps).
Curves through in a few design challenges for me and that was the reason for the overlay / inset of the back as I didn't bend the slats to fit the back legs but didn't want the back to lay behind the legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS