My Favorite Pen

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

Clay (Clowman) made this one for me had to be well over a year ago. It's made from one of my secret sauce maple pen blanks and is my daily writer, just feels right in my hand like it was made especially for me. Take a close look you'll see it's flawless, despite it's gets used daily. Clay made it for the long haul...

Thanks Clay - Your an awesome guy - despite what DaveO says about you, don't listen to him :gar-La;.

P101000128.JPG

Thanks

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
That is an AWESOME pen! Nice work Clay!

so Jeff... got any more of that secret sauce? or have you drank it all? ya know I just got that lathe and all ;-)

J

jeff...

That is an AWESOME pen! Nice work Clay!

so Jeff... got any more of that secret sauce? or have you drank it all? ya know I just got that lathe and all ;-)

Pen blank secret sauce is not for drinking that's for sure... You game for pen blanks from my Grand Daughters Doll Cradle?

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14441

I have not tossed the scrap yet... some selective cutting will make some pretty pen blanks I'm sure...

Thanks

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Clay (Clowman) made this one for me had to be well over a year ago. It's made from one of my secret sauce maple pen blanks and is my daily writer, just feels right in my hand like it was made especially for me. Take a close look you'll see it's flawless, despite it's gets used daily. Clay made it for the long haul...

Thanks Clay - Your an awesome guy - despite what DaveO says about you, don't listen to him :gar-La;.

P101000128.JPG

Thanks

That's funny I still use to this day (despite all the pens I've turned) a pen made for me by Clay. It's from some of my Purpleheart scrap. It ain't very pretty any more as it has been handled and dropped extensively over the last 3 years that I have used it. But it is still a high quality pen and looks as good as any would considering the use it has suffered.
Dave:)

J

jeff...

Come on guys - you missed the boat... lets see some pics of your favorite pen or cool looking ones at that. hint hint... Chance to up your post count - get with the program already. :roll:

flyrod444

New User
Jack
That sure is a beautiful pen. I've only made slimlines since that is one of the projects my high school students make. Here is my favorite one. It is made from a piece of amboyna burl and deer antler. The piece of scrap amboyna was to short so I came up with this to put it into a pen. The middle band is turned from deer antler as well.
Jack
100_0603-copy.jpg

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Come on guys - you missed the boat... lets see some pics of your favorite pen or cool looking ones at that. hint hint... Chance to up your post count - get with the program already. :roll:

Hint taken here are a few of my favorites turned recently -

Copy_of_Pens_415.jpg

Copy_of_Pens_428.jpg

Copy_of_Pens_333.jpg

And one of my most unique...not exactly a pen

Pencil_001.jpg

:gar-La;:gar-La;:gar-La;:gar-La;

J

jeff...

Yep, some that you milled and sent me :icon_thum:icon_thum

Really - cool - sure is nice, almost looks like plastic. Looks like it would be an awesome wedding pen - sign the guest book...

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I'll get one for you, but you better be sitting down. It has had a hard life, The good thing is it still functions as it should and feels good in my hand. The CA finish is still looking good. It has suffered a few dents. The worse of the wear is from clipping it onto my clip board very regularly. That has worn the finish right under the clip ball.
Overall it has lasted and preformed better and longer than any store bought pen (4 ink cartridges in to it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors