My daughters new kitchen - pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Alright this may not work, I am not know for my computing skills, or my woodworking for that matter, but I try. My wife saw this in a catalog and asked me if I could make it for our daughter. Of course I said. Two weekends later this is waht I came up with. I had the catalog picture and overall diamentions to go by, but I made it taller so Ava, my daugther, could use it as she gets older. I made all the handles, knobs, and fixtures myself, and inlayed a piece of 22 ga. steel in the fridge door so she could hang thing with magnets just like Mom & Dad. Thanks for looking, Dave\\:D/
Ava_s_kitchen_012.sized.jpg

Monty

New User
Monty
Two weekends?!?!? 8O Man, oh, man... I've got to find another hobby.

GREAT JOB! How did you make the eyes? What about the faucet and fridge handles?

Looks like it's being put to good use!

T

toolferone

Dave, Nicley done! Soooooo much better then the plastic ones. My daughter is only 14 months, but I am sure I will be building one of those. Mind if I borrow some of your ideas?

(maybe if I start now I might finish before she needs it!)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Thanks for all the nice comments. Insomniac, the stove eyes are cut on the bandsaw out of some scrap 1/4 oak ply, the fridge handles and stove knobs are cut again on the bandsaw out of some scrap laminated 4/4 soft maple stock, and the faucett and knobs are some dowel stock that I gued together. Toolferone, you should start now, kids grow up so fast, mine is only 21 months and it feels like just yesterday she was born. The construction of the kitchen set was very simple 3 sheets of dreaded MDF (I would have prefered to use Poplar but I had a limited budget), glue and biscuits. I actually had it cut and assembled in about 8 hours the first weekend, the second weekend was all painting time. Please steal my ideas, I stole them and imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...so I would be honored. Thanks to ya'll for looking. Dave \\:D/

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Thanks Sapwood, I think so, at least about my daughter. I consider her the greatest thing I've ever made, and it only took a few minutes LOL Dave\\:D/

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
DaveO said:
I consider her the greatest thing I've ever made, and it only took a few minutes LOL Dave\\:D/

Well, for your wife's sake, I hope it took at least 15 mins:iconbigg:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Hey, I ain't Sting, but I don't usually watch the clock during those moments. You've heard of Rodeo sex, jump on and ride as hard as you can for 8 seconds and then throw your hat. OK we're getting way off topic here. Dave :smile: :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS