My Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Lappy

New User
Martin
I joined and clicked on the email and it said I was activated, but when I try to post, bid or update my profile, it says that I don't have sufficeint permissions?

I noticed in the email an activation code. I was never asked for a code. If I try to use the link to enter the code, it tells me that I'm already activated!

I'm wanting to bid on an item that expires tomorrow. Can you help?

Thanks,

Martin

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
One of our few waiting periods is for the classified's - it is a short wait period, but might be what is affecting your recent membership application. This is in place to prevent people from joining for the express purpose of selling to our members without actually participating in our forum discussions. Sorry if you've been caught in this restriction.

I hope your limit will expire before the item you're interested in does. If it is one of the Auction Lathes, then there will be a third one up for bid in a few days so hopefully you'll be eligible by then. Sorry for the inconvenience but we need to have rules to keep people from joining only to take advantage of us.

Thank you for your support.

FlyingRon

Ron
Alas, tweaking the user promotion system is not something that is easily done. Perhaps when I get the XF version going...

Happy Lappy

New User
Martin
Thanks to all who replied. Just to clarify that in addition to the classified, after inviting me to update my profile, it will not let me in to that either. That would not be something that someone would use to take advantage, I don't think. In any event, Mike will make a bid for me and I look forward to the next lathe up for sale.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
I joined and clicked on the email and it said I was activated, but when I try to post, bid or update my profile, it says that I don't have sufficeint permissions?

I noticed in the email an activation code. I was never asked for a code. If I try to use the link to enter the code, it tells me that I'm already activated!

I'm wanting to bid on an item that expires tomorrow. Can you help?

Thanks,

Martin

There is an up to 24 hour delay before one may participate in Classifieds. After that initial delay you will have the necessary permissions to actively participate in Classified Ads.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks to all who replied. Just to clarify that in addition to the classified, after inviting me to update my profile, it will not let me in to that either. That would not be something that someone would use to take advantage, I don't think. In any event, Mike will make a bid for me and I look forward to the next lathe up for sale.
Martin,
Is everything working (like you expect it to) today?

Happy Lappy

New User
Martin
YES! All is working just like it should. Thanks to all who replied. Nice to know that someone cares! Looking forward to spending time on this site. Thanks again,

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS