My 1st project as a ncwoodworker

Status
Not open for further replies.

kave

Kettrell
Corporate Member
Okay, I told you as was a rookie when I joined this site. Now I'll prove it. I just completed a paper clip/alligator tray for my office desk. The 1st picture was the inspiration for the project (hid it in my desk drawer but it was functional). The bottom was installed in the dado I cut in the sides and ends. I should of cut a dado in the sides to accept each of the dividers but I didn't think about it after I had partially assembled it. Live & Learn!

Tray11.jpg

View image in gallery

Tray22.jpg

View image in gallery

Tray31.jpg

View image in gallery

Tray41.jpg

View image in gallery
Kettrell

cskipper

Cathy
Looks like a good start to me. I think we all tend to look at something and say, "I should have done something differently". That's one of the way we increase our skills. Good job :icon_thum

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Nice job. Don't worry about being a newbie and/or making mistakes in design or execution. They go on file in the hair covered computer for future reference. A part of your developing tips and tricks tool bag. This hobby that we all enjoy so much is a continuous learning curve.

One of the neat exercises is discovering ways to "fix" it after the fact. :icon_cheers

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I'd be hopping up and down with excitement if my miters came out that well on my 1st (or 25th!) project. Looks great, and I think it should last 100 years.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
+1 on the mitre's!!!!

Boxes with mitred corners can be very tricky and it looks like you nailed it! (Not in the literal sense.)

Good job.:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Wayne

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Great looking tray! :eusa_danc My first project has long since gone to the fire place. I had to burn the evidence. :rotflm:I think yours is definitely a keeper.

They go on file in the hair covered computer for future reference. A part of your developing tips and tricks tool bag.

Uh oh. That could be my problem. :gar-La;

Bill

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
If you're like most of us, you will never finish a project with a handful of things you could have done better. I'm not sure if that is depressing or comforting? I've simply come to terms with it :>

kave

Kettrell
Corporate Member
Thanks everybody! I guess woodworking and sex have something in common.....

:banana:You don't necessarily have to be good at it to enjoy it!!

Kettrell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS