My 1st Class-Shamrock as a teacher? Students table Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamrock

New User
Michael
Hey Folks,

Lest you think I've been inactive, here's proof that I've in fact been busy, and with teaching none-the-less.

This was a woodworking 101 type class where my student (Lisa) wanted to gain some exposure to woodworking. We discussed what she wanted to build and came to the mutual agreement that a small side table would be a great option. From that point we chose to use Spanish Cedar because of it's great workability and of coarse the scent. We designed as we went and with input from what she needed in her home. We went through the whole process from buying and preparing rough lumber, to finishing the finish at the end. Along the way we used both power and hand tools and discussed the merits and disadvantages of each.

This is the result, and I think Lisa should be a very proud student indeed!

lisastable_006_Small_.jpg

View image in gallery
lisastable_007_Small_.jpg

View image in gallery
lisastable_011_Small_.jpg

View image in gallery

Last edited:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Excellent work Bro. We should all be so lucky to have such a talented and all around cool guy for a teacher. :cool:

T

toolferone

Nice looking table.

I remember after teaching my 1st woodworking 101 class at Woodcraft. It felt great! I think I got as much out of as the students did. I also tutored a guy for a while, we built him a Norm style router table. I loved being a teacher.

mlzettl

Matt
Corporate Member
Mike,

That is a very nice first project indeed. It has the requisite opportunities to learn basic woodworking and joinery skills, and also demonstrates some nice elements of design. I'm sure your student was thrilled with the result, but perhaps not as much as you were in seeing your efforts succeed. There is great satisfaction in being able to pass on knowledge to others.

Matt

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Niceky done! Clean lines, and the half-round profile at the bottom of the skirts 9or are they aprons?) really jazz up a clean design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS