My 1st carved spoon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskipper

Cathy
TA DA!!!!!!! I want to thank Mike for being allowing me this opportunity to learn a new skill. I have never carved and learned a great deal through the project.

Things I learned -
1. DO NOT CARVE CURLY MAPLE.
2. Scary sharp tools are a must - keep supplies next to you and "tune up" often.
3. Carving patterns (at least the ones I found) really only give you the front view. You have to figure out what the sides and back look lke.
4. Previous knowledge was not necessary (but would have been helpful) - just jump in and try it.
5. Thanks for LOML for encouraging me.

Thanks again for the challenge. I doubt that I would have ever tried carving without the push.

rbdoby

New User
Rick
Cathy,

WOW! That's a great first carved spoon. Really like the chain links. You do well thinking in 3 dimensions.

Rick Doby

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Cath: If that's your FIRST, I can't wait to see your work a year from now! Super job! That's a "wall-hanger" for sure. Congratulations.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
It's Super Spoon :eusa_clap

Great job. I left the back flat on my first two. Now I think I might go back and do them "in the round".

But what made you pick curly maple for a first spoon ???
It's beautiful but Bass is much more fun to work with!

I'm working on #4.
Trying to get the walls of the bowl a little thinner.

pete

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Cathy that's just plain awesome!!!! You never cease to amaze me with your creativity and patience in such intricate designs :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Beautiful Work, Cathy!!!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

You never seem to make anything "simple"!!!! That spoon sure looks so time consuming and lot's of potential frustration for someone like me!:crybaby2::crybaby2:

You have successfully added another item that I would say would draw plenty of tool $'s!!!!

Very well done!!!!!!!!!!!!! Carvers and their work continues to amaze me!!!

Your attention to detail is awe inspiring!:eusa_clap

Wayne

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Very nice work Cathy! :eusa_clap:icon_thum:eusa_clap:icon_thum I wish I could carve :-?. That looks fun.

jglord

New User
John
Beautiful carving work - most accomplished carvers would be pleased. It is hard to believe you started with curly maple - makes the work even more impressive.:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS