Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Kent

Stuart
Senior User
Hi all, I thought you might like to see today's work. This piece was actually designed by an artist that was my drawing professor in college, to display his drawings and deign work for his retrospective. I started this morning at 4am and this is how far I got with my two guys helping. We full throttle all day, and I am just now getting home (8:18 pm). What a day!

IMG_20141113_201258.jpg

Stuart Kent

Stuart
Senior User
I wish that was my shop! We could only be so lucky as to have a full blown gallery wing of a museum to build giant pieces in!

I built all the parts in my shop, took it all apart and transported it the the museum where I am now reassembling it and prepping it for the finish work. This thing is an absolute MONSTER!!!

Is that case being built in place or is that your shop?

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Great job - probably should have taken a week, but sure must have felt good to get it done in a day

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Very nice piece, Stuart. Will there be more of his work on display once it is finished? I'll be interested to see the finished work.

Stuart Kent

Stuart
Senior User
Very nice piece, Stuart. Will there be more of his work on display once it is finished? I'll be interested to see the finished work.

Oh Yeah! He has over 85 large drawings, collages, beautifully crafted wooden toys, sculpture, etc. It is a truly wonderful exhibition. If you get the chance, come see it at the Greenville Museum of Art - you won't be disappointed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS