MURRAY'S MILL THREAD

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I have deleted the original Murray's Mill Thread because it created some controversy about it being held in the first place, and then about whether it was outside, it was, and if masks were worn and social distancing was observed. It was also suggested to me in a PM that this event might have been against the dictates of NC Governor Roy Cooper. Truly doubt the Catawba County Historical Society would have held the event if were against the Governor's edicts.
I live back in the woods, far from the beaten paths because I crave peace and quiet--I enjoyed enough unrest and hatred from too many people, justifiably so while I was in Vietnam from 1965-1966, and for too many years after returning home. I served in Vietnam because I volunteered to go there, and I'd do it again if I had the opportunity. I will be 77 in a few weeks, and I'm a 100% disabled veteran from service in Vietnam--I desire and pray many times daily for peace to come to the USA and a return to reason and morality, all of which seems to be crumbling in our present culture. I also realize that at my age I am considered a babbling old fool, and I reckon I just don't have a lot left to give or share here anymore. So I will be severely limiting my participation in the forum until such time as I feel comfortable doing so. May the Lord continue to bless you all.
Bruce Swanson

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Bruce, You have given a lot to this club and you have a lot more to give.
Please stay active and don't let someone bother you this way. There are too many negative people in this world.
You had no decision on holding the event. All you did was attend.
We need to start getting out and about so we can get back to living.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I did not insult Bruce and I know that he had no control over the "rules" adapted by the Catawba County Historical Association. I simply just asked him a question about the "rules" for the event. I have no problem with the fact that the festival was held. It seems that he was offended by my question.

Flute Maker

Mike
User
Bruce, Thanks so much for your service to our country!.I admire all of you guys that served in the military. I have never met you but I am like you..I crave peace. I wish I lived off the beaten path like you! I would enjoy that. I know you arent a babbling old fool but more like someone I would just like to sit down and talk with if the opportunity even presented itself. I'm sure you have a lot still to contribute on this site and elsewhere. Please continue to pray for peace in our country.Only God can heal our country!

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
Bruce, Thanks so much for your service to our country!.I admire all of you guys that served in the military. I have never met you but I am like you..I crave peace. I wish I lived off the beaten path like you! I would enjoy that. I know you arent a babbling old fool but more like someone I would just like to sit down and talk with if the opportunity even presented itself. I'm sure you have a lot still to contribute on this site and elsewhere. Please continue to pray for peace in our country.Only God can heal our country!

Agreed, I have been able to sit and talk with Bruce some, and he's a true friend. I truly cherish his friendship and agree that we could all benefit by having someone like Bruce to be in our circle. He may babble a bit, but he's no fool.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Bruce, ignore "Thought Police" regardless of left, right or center, these kind of people do not understand what the United states is about. Nor, do they care to.

My dad told me when I was a young kid, "people's opnion are just that, nothing more. Never let them prevent you from expressing who you are. Regardless of how others think, always stand up and be counted, you may not be right, but you always will be counted."

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Thank you everyone! Your words are truly appreciated and treasured; I'm OK now thanks to all of you and so many others who are a part of this great forum. This is the only forum I participate in regularly because when it comes to our common bond of woodworking, I need no other.
The greatest takeaway from the Harvest Festival wasn't about the sales or the weather, but it was so many folks saying how wonderful it was to be able to get out and enjoy nature and crowd pleasing events such as the Gospel and Blue Grass music, food concessions, and visiting with folks they hadn't seen for some time. Many wore masks, the vendors were all spaced at least 20' apart, and the historic mill grounds actually compromise a huge acreage as it was also a farm.
My joy at being there was that it was an opportunity to put up the canopy and dust off display parts of my booth that have laid dormant this year, and with the hope of getting organized again and ready for some late year craft shows. If I can't sell some of what I make, then I can't make things as the cost involved and storage space are too much and too little. Making is creating and I need to create or stop living.
Once again I want to say how great this forum is because of the people that are a part of it. NC Woodworker is truly the friendliest site on the internet, and most helpful and informative of any on the www. Looking forward to those events we physically participate in so we can enjoy each other's company as we have in the past.
May God continue to bless NCWoodworker and each one of you as He has in the past.

robliles

Rob
Corporate Member
Well said Bruce! I, too, agree that this forum is the best there is and I can't wait until we get back to having outreach events, picnics, etc. I really miss seeing everyone. Again, thanks Bruce for all your support and input to this forum.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS