Multifunction machines like the Robland X31 questions....

Status
Not open for further replies.

yellofins

Ron
Corporate Member
Hi Folks,
I know a few of you have the multifunction machines from Planer Jointers to the 5 in 1 machines like the Robland (Laguna) X31.
I am considering changing my garage shop to incorporate either a jointer planer or a 5 in 1.
Could you let me know if you have a 5 in 1 or a jointer planer other than the Jet 12"....I have a few questions I need answered before I redesign my shop. I already have all the info on the Jet 12".

Thanks,
Ron

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Hi Ron..I have a X31. Ask away. I see you moved to Fuquay..if you want, you can stop by my shop and take a gander.

And you can visit your old Delta wood/metal bandsaw.

I think Travis and Bernard have Felder combos.

-Mark

rbdoby

New User
Rick
Ron,

I also have an X31 that I've been using since 1998. It saves a lot of room in the shop. I'll try to answer any questions you have.

Rick Doby

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
I have owned two different 5 in 1 Felder machines begining in 1989. I now have a Felder saw/shaper and a jointer/planner. I like the separates better because of the work pattern but they do take up more room. The combination machine worked very well for me as I work mostly with solid wood and very rarely with sheet goods. Changer over time was never an issue as I am a hobby woodworker and not a production shop. In my opinion, the Felder machines are the top of the line followed by Mini Max and then Laguna / Robland. I do not know much about Rojex except what I have read and it has not been favorable. I am sure there are others out there and very different opinions from mine as well. If I can be of any help, don't hesitate to ask.
spho_tools_005.jpg

View image in gallery

spho_tools_003.jpg

View image in gallery

yellofins

Ron
Corporate Member
Thanks for the replies.
I'll be getting my questions in line and send a PM.
Mark...I may take the long drive to check your system out.
If anyone knows of a good system or systems for sale, let me know!

Thanks again,
ron

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
I pm'd you info and there are 3 roblands listed on Ebay. a real deal and in Georgia, not too far to go get it!

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I have a Felder saw/shaper combo. I am not real thrilled with switching between shaping and sawing due to putting the shaper fence on and off (it is heavy). As to the quality of the Felder, along with the hammer line, it is top of the line. Manuals are not what would be expected, but overall quality of the machinery and adjustment capabilities are out of this world.

yellofins

Ron
Corporate Member
Dino,
The one in Ga is what started this.
I have been in contact with the owner.
I'm not in a rush so i'll see what happens with the Ebay bid and then go check it out later.
I found a felder other than the one in Ca that I want to look at also.
I'm not going to rush into this but if I find a good deal........

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
Dino,
The one in Ga is what started this.
I have been in contact with the owner.
I'm not in a rush so i'll see what happens with the Ebay bid and then go check it out later.
I found a felder other than the one in Ca that I want to look at also.
I'm not going to rush into this but if I find a good deal........

i'd be leary of the one in GA, he stated it was in a fire and he cleaned it up. it might look great but the cast iron could be harmed and may be easily broken depending on how hot the fire was.

not to mention that imho you're helping the guy commit insurance fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS