Multi slot mortising machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
It is a poor man's Multi-router. A number of folks have made much nicer ones, but I doubt any as inexpensively as this one which uses drawer slides instead of the more expensive linear bearings. In some of the pics he is using a spiral cutting bit, in others it looks like he is using and metal working end mill.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
It is a poor man's Multi-router. A number of folks have made much nicer ones, but I doubt any as inexpensively as this one which uses drawer slides instead of the more expensive linear bearings. In some of the pics he is using a spiral cutting bit, in others it looks like he is using and metal working end mill.

Bingo. Alan said it best.

Thanks for the link ... always interested to see how well people execute this clone. I've seen a couple and they are all so much more than I could pull off accurately, I believe. I'm impressed with the line of about a dozen true tenons ... I'll have to try that on mine.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
I've seen this guys site before .... just not this jig. In fact, I think someone out here published it recently with a tablesaw jig he has. He is a "smart feller" ... some VERY COOL jigs and ideas. I am really digging the tablesaw tenon jig ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS