Moving to Matthews

cmarzahn

New User
Chuck
Hello All,

Been lurking on the forums since last August. Really enjoy the expertise and evident camaraderie!

We’re moving from Leland to Matthews this month so I’ll be going through the drill of setting up the shop in the garage. Looking forward to a “fresh” setup. Don’t you think you could change several things if you started over? And it’s a new sized space. It’ll be fun...

Newer to woodworking. Traded in the fishing Kayaks for a table saw last year. So I’m looking to be a good listener and student. So much to learn... (love YouTube)

Chuck Marzahn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard, Chuck. There are quite a few members close to Matthews so you won't be lonely.

Matt Furjanic

New User
Matt
Welcome, Chuck. I am on the north side of Monroe, so about 12 minutes from Matthews. Give me a holler if you need help, or just if you want to talk wood. I also can give some hints on where you can get some wood deals locally. Matt...

JohnW

New User
John
Welcome to NCWW Chuck. I live on the Matthews/Charlotte border. Still have my fishing kayaks although they don't get used much anymore.

JoeH

New User
JoeH
@Matt Furjanic

I've been pretty flush with wood and other projects....but now needing some wood. Just found out Charlotte Hardwoods is gone. I'd be interested in what sources you might know of "local-ish" to Charlotte.

Not sure best way to do this? I couldn't seem to reply just to you via the forum?

Joe

Matt Furjanic

New User
Matt
Charlotte hardwoods is now Wurth wood group. Still there in the same location. They do have some hardwoods.
You may want to try Kyle Edwards in IRON STATION. He runs a sawmill. I will send you a PM with his contact info. Also, West Penn hardwoods, in Conover, NC - a bit of a hike, but he has just about everything, although expensive. There is also another closer small sawmill run by Brandon Smith - Very limited to only Pine, cedar and walnut and everything green ( not dry). I will PM his info also. There is always Woodcraft.

Mauser44

New User
John
Welcome.
I am located on the edge of monroe, closer to wesley chappel. I primarily woodturn but am starting a bench build project with no screws (joinery practice)
I have gotten a lot of wood from individuals around union county. Seems to always be slabs posted for sale. Look up FB market place. I have also used Carolina urban lumber right up for 485.
. Brendon smith is a super nice guy too....

mquan01

Mike
Corporate Member
Welcome.
I am located on the edge of monroe, closer to wesley chappel. I primarily woodturn but am starting a bench build project with no screws (joinery practice)
I have gotten a lot of wood from individuals around union county. Seems to always be slabs posted for sale. Look up FB market place. I have also used Carolina urban lumber right up for 485.
. Brendon smith is a super nice guy too....

+1 to Brendan. however his lumber is not kiln dried

as to Kyle in Matt's previous post, he has retired

Also on Facbook, look up Reclaim Rodney (33rd and Tryon). He has a great selection but his lumber is also not kiln dried.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS