Moving/New Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Following up my post from a few months ago, (Thank you Bas for helping store my machines!) we have sold our house and have to b out on November 1. We made an offer on a new house, still in Raleigh, and I will have a basement shop! While it has a lower ceiling, it has a lot more floor space. Those that have seen my old shop know that it would be hard to have less floor space! I will miss the high ceilings, but overall I am very excited for the change!

I will post updates, and of course a request to move tools to their new home in the future :D.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Congrats on selling the house! How big is the basement shop?

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I am not exactly sure. The garage and shop are under the house and there is a nice wide set of double doors from the garage to the shop making getting the tools in easy! We are going to do work on the house before we move in and I may take some of that time to prepare the shop. It has bare concrete walls now.

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
Congrats, take it from me if you can mount your wood storage before you start moving and move the wood in first. I recently moved into a new shop and due to the time crunch had to move everything at once and then try to move wood from the floor to the walls around machines...not fun.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I have a picture my wife took. It is the previo
us owner's set up. I negotiated the bandsaw into the deal.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20181003_152432018.jpg
    IMG_20181003_152432018.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 218

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Looks like a good space, certainly bigger than your previous shoplet!

redknife

Chris
Corporate Member
Huh. I’ve never seen a real estate “stager” that knew a ncwwer’s needs and wants!:icon_thum
Congrats on the new place.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Looks great. By chance did you talk the previous owner into joining NCWW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS