Moving again

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
As some of my NC woodworker friends know I have been laid off for about 6 months now:( but that has just all changed. Its official we are moving to silicone valley east :) (VA). Going to miss my Son and Daughter and my friends in NC. I will need to down size a little (may be ) if so I will post here and CL. Thanks for all of the good time and to the friends I have meet here. My kids will be staying in the WS area so I will be back to visit. I am also thankful I will be able to stay on with NC woodworker :eusa_danc

M

McRabbet

Nick,

Once a member, always a member! We wish you well in your new venture.

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Nick -

If you happen to be coming to the Hampton Roads area, you are welcome in my shop any time!

C.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
As some of my NC woodworker friends know I have been laid off for about 6 months now:( but that has just all changed. Its official we are moving to silicone valley east :) (VA). Going to miss my Son and Daughter and my friends in NC. I will need to down size a little (may be ) if so I will post here and CL. Thanks for all of the good time and to the friends I have meet here. My kids will be staying in the WS area so I will be back to visit. I am also thankful I will be able to stay on with NC woodworker :eusa_danc

Glad your gainfully employed but where are you moving to?

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Wishing you and your LOYL all the best up there, Nick!:icon_thum

I do really hope that I don't see any of your shop gear in the classifieds though.:tinysmile_cry_t: Hang onto what you can.

Wayne

b4man

New User
Barbara
Thank goodness it's not silicon valley WEST! Good luck with the new job and the move:icon_thum

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Good luck with the move Nick. I am just a stone throw from VA and mid way between I-85 and I-95. You are welcome any time and yell if I can help.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Glad your gainfully employed but where are you moving to?

The new job is in Sterling VA right next to Dulles airport. We are looking west for a place to live. We are going to look at a place to look at in West VA 35 miles for work and has a large work shop. Just hope the LOML likes a older home and a drive to the store :eusa_pray

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Sorry to hear you're moving, but congratulations on landing the job, Nick. We missed you at our lunch yesterday. But now that we have a regular schedule, try to join us any time you're back in W-S to visit.

Bill

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Sorry to hear you're moving, but congratulations on landing the job, Nick. We missed you at our lunch yesterday. But now that we have a regular schedule, try to join us any time you're back in W-S to visit.

Bill

Thanks Bill
I had planed to attend but had to review and sign the offer letter and benefits package and fax it back. Now it is time to get the house ready for sale and pray it sells fast. :eusa_pray Plus I start 8/1 and will need to travel home on weekends :BangHead: but I have been there done that before :eusa_doh: hope to be able to attend the next get together

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Man, I hate to see you leave. I know it's been rough lately though and I hope this is for much better times ahead. Be sure to post some pics of the new shop and home in the country.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Congrats Nick, and good luck with the move. There are some woodworkers up there, which should help cushion the blow. Scott M has already indicated you can throw stones at him, that's always fun too.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
The new job is in Sterling VA right next to Dulles airport. We are looking west for a place to live. We are going to look at a place to look at in West VA 35 miles for work and has a large work shop. Just hope the LOML likes a older home and a drive to the store :eusa_pray

I get up that way regularly. I used to live in Herndon, VA right down the road from Sterling. Let me know when you get settled in.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Once you get settled in VA, don't be a stranger, Nick. Not that you could be any stranger....:rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors