Motor Free to a good home

Ted P

Ted
Corporate Member
Ok, does not even need to be a good home....... I can't yet post to the marketplace, but dove in here because not for sale. I have a 1 hp, 1725 rpm three phase motor that came off my Yates-American band saw recently purchased. I do not have three phase. I saw the saw run at the shop where I bought it and the motor seems to be in usable condition. Currently wired for 230v but says it can be rewired for 460v, and of course is reversible.

I live a few miles NE of Fuquay Varina for pickup. May text at 910-890-7468 but introduce whom you are first thing as I typically don't answer or respond to numbers I don't recognize. Will give to Re-store in a few days if no interest.

Thanks, Ted

Attachments

• IMG_0652.JPG
    IMG_0652.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0653.JPG
    IMG_0653.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 160
Reactions: Bas

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
I can't make use of a 3 phase either, but thanks for the offer.

Welcome aboard on the good ship NCWW.

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
Anybody with a lathe should look into this because with a VFD you could have variable speed. For a 1 hp motor, VFDs are not too expensive.

Roy G

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
Combined with a VFD, that would make a good motor for a drill press or small wood lathe where the user wants electronic variable speed. Lots of good 120 volt VFDs out there for a 1 HP motor. The motor is a larger 182 frame, so there's that.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS