Mother nature did most of this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapwood

New User
Roger
One hour project that will probably last only one year :lol:

treehouse.jpg

Spied the hollow limb on wood pile as I was watering plants. Plan to "install" in February and host two or three Bluebird nestings by August.

Total cost: 6 screws

Why Not?
Sapwood

cloudancer

New User
Greg Dake
Baby bluebirds nesting in your yard: priceless

Just had to say it.
If you get any birds take pictures. I need to setup a camera blind before next spring for the house in our backyard. Heck, maybe I should put in a camera "window" in it with cover.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Cloudancer,

Unless you live in a parking lot bluebirds are pretty easy to attract (nest). Just google a few websites for the best boxes for them and proper placement. They like to be 4-6 ft off ground with some open space around--not in the woods. They also prefer boxes designed just for them (about 1 1/2 inch entry with no perches). I only have one box, but get several nestings a year. Once they fledge, just clean out the box and wait for next "affair":cool:

Have fun!
Sapwood

cloudancer

New User
Greg Dake
Yah, we have a box about 5ft from the kitchen window. Unfortunatly we lost one nest of babies when a storm knocked over the house, but we did get one that made it too. One of these weekends I'm going to re-inforce the attachment (C-clamp I think) and maybe put a camera hole (w/ cover) in it so we can take pictures of the babies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Sapwood, very nice use of otherwise useless wood. I'm sure the birds will really appreciate it. I have heard that there are certain size holes for certain types of birds, I don't know how the birds measure them? Dave:)

cloudancer

New User
Greg Dake
Looks like a marine varnish/shellac mix over an olive oil intial rub. My question is what spices if any did he include.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS