More planer chat- Delta 22-560

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Daddy

New User
Big Daddy
I have a line on a used Delta 22-560 planer. Anybody got one/used one and can tell me if its a good machine? While you're thinking about it, what would you give for a good used one? -Big Daddy

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I think that is the one I have. I like it a lot. Knives are easy to change and cheap (available at the BORG). I have had some problems with it feeding thick, long or heavy stock, to the point where I had to help push it on through, but that didn't diminish the cut quality. I think that I paid just under $300 for it, so I would think $200-150 would be a good price on a used one, depending on it's condition. Dave:)

hpetty

New User
Hugh
I've had this Planer for about 3-4 years. Can't say that I've used it extensively, but I've found it to work well for light usage. I've planed a fair amount of oak and cherry with pretty decent results. I've had some snipping at the end of longer boards, but I probably should build an outfeed table, so write that one off as user error. I think it's pretty good buy for the price I paid - and I bought mine at new prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS