More good support on my Harvey C-14

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
My guide post alignment was not as perfect as I wanted. Manual did not cover the left to right adjustment, but Harvey sent me the tip. Two hidden setscrews. They promiced to update their manual. They did cover the fore and aft along with twist.

I have an idea for a simple mod that would make it even easier. Hint: Bevel washers. One more project to get around to.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
You are welcome to drop by and check out my C-14 in person.
From what I hear, the Ti table coating is not worth it as it comes off.
Looking at specs, the Alpha is even more a beast. I am of the conclusion in woodworking tools, you can almost choose by weight. I sure don't know everyone, but never met a woodworker describe a machine as too rigid and too low vibration. Only too costly.

Bummer is if you want an 18 or 20, Harvey does not serve that yet.

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
Concerning the finish, I agree with skipping the Ti finish. I just put on a carnauba wax and it looks great.

On Harvey customer service, they just sent me a $200 coupon for buying a TS from them earlier this year. I initially thought the email was a scam, but figured it was worth looking into. Turns out it was good for anything on their site so I found a few items that added up to $200.36. I just had to pay shipping plus $0.36!

Iopturbo

New User
James
You are welcome to drop by and check out my C-14 in person.
From what I hear, the Ti table coating is not worth it as it comes off.
Looking at specs, the Alpha is even more a beast. I am of the conclusion in woodworking tools, you can almost choose by weight. I sure don't know everyone, but never met a woodworker describe a machine as too rigid and too low vibration. Only too costly.

Bummer is if you want an 18 or 20, Harvey does not serve that yet.
I agree with you about the c14, I really love mine. I'm hoping they offer something bigger in the future and I would purchase it as a dedicated resaw. Of course the c14 has alot more power than needed to run a skinny blade for curves but its a sacrifice I am willing to make.

Iopturbo

New User
James
Concerning the finish, I agree with skipping the Ti finish. I just put on a carnauba wax and it looks great.

On Harvey customer service, they just sent me a $200 coupon for buying a TS from them earlier this year. I initially thought the email was a scam, but figured it was worth looking into. Turns out it was good for anything on their site so I found a few items that added up to $200.36. I just had to pay shipping plus $0.36!
guess I need to check my inbox, that was an awesome score on your part.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS