Moravian workbench spinoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
The methods could apply to anything that you want to build with angled mortice/tenon construction. I'm experimenting with some ideas from other woodworkers so join the adventure...

I'm not hand chiseling through 4" to make an angled mortice at 15 degrees so it'll be a laminated mortice cut on the table saw and glued together for the tenon. The leg is 15 degrees like the mortice everything should be horizontal.

P10100021.png

Folded together like a sandwich and ready for a tenon...

P10100031.png

Add a tenon...

P10100042.png

Here's where the idea is heading...

angled_mortise:2.jpg

Mor:workbench_laminated.jpg

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Jeff, are you planning to do one of these benches?

I think I found my leg vise chop.

I don't know yet. I really don't need a bench but the overall construction/joinery ideas are interesting to me so I'm playing around with it and that started the angled/laminated mortice stuff for the stretchers. Also watching the Drew Perry videos/rewind/replay/rewind/replay etc.

1. Pic 5 and some trigonometry to establish the working height of a bench with angled legs. A 36" l leg blank tilted at 15 degrees will be about 34.75" vertically; add a 3" thick top = 37.75" working surface.

2. Face vise/tail vise for a portable bench? I'm not investing $200 + for a Lake Erie Toolworks "authentic" vise, but it's detachability makes the whole setup portable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS