Mohawk Stain Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Help! I'm looking for a retailer between Greenville and Durham that sells Mohawk dye stains. I'm headed to Durham tomorrow (Sunday) and was hoping to find a place to get it then.

Specifically I need a qt of: Mohawk Ultra Penetrating Stain, Dark Red Mahogany, M520-2276 (a solvent-based dye stain)

The the stuff I was using until I ran out I got from the Richmond, VA Woodcraft store. I just called the Raleigh WC store but they don't carry it- and its made right here in Hickory, NC! I already stained a crib, changing table, low chest and all 14 drawers, but do not have enough left to stain a tall chest. I don't want to experiment trying mix and match using other dye, Transtint, Transfast, etc.

Klingspor carries some Mohawk products but they were closed when I called. They open at one tomorrow, but I couldn't find the solvent-based dye I need on their website so don't think they carry what I need. The Mohawk website dealer locator function is not working either.

I need to get this stuff done and delivered- the baby's due date is rapidly approaching!!

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Alan, I am thinking that I have seen this at Klingspor but just not online. I will be going there when they open tomorrow and will check. I they do I will call you - just PM your cell #

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Alan,

I too have purchased Mohawk products (lacquer,thinners,etc.) from Klingspor's in Raleigh. Not sure if they have the stain you are looking for.

Good luck in your quest,

fergy

New User
Fergy
Alan,

Won't help on Sunday, but A&M Supply in Charlotte is a Mohawk distributor, I think. It's a commercial supply house down here. Might be worth a call in Monday in a worst-case scenario.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Thanks guys. I guess my best hope for getting it sooner than later is Klingspore. If the Raleigh store doesn't carry the specific dye, then maybe they can order it for next-day or two-day delivery to my house. I had just enough to finish the chest but not enough for the wooden knobs or the two ply back panels. I wouldn't have any problem leaving the backs natural but I'd rather stain them. I can finish everything else up while I wait for more dye. I have become a real fan of spraying solvent dye stain, over wipe-on oil-based pigment stain!

Phil, we aren't due in Durham until 7:00 (going to DPAC to see Steve Martin and the Steep Canyon Rangers- banjo and Bluegrass) but if LOML wants to do some shopping who knows when we will pass through Raleigh. If you are headed to KP and can give me a heads-up that would be great! Thanks. PM on the way.

Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS