Modern Shaker MkII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchwood

New User
Don
Hi All,

Just finished another "Shaker on Steroids" display table. This one is larger..48"L.x 12" W. vs. 39"x10" for the first one. Both are 36" high.

CIMG4039.JPG

CIMG4041.JPG

I used Curly Cherry on the top, Tiger Maple on legs, Curly Hard Maple on aprons and Bird-eye Maple on rails. The wedges in the through tenons are Ebony and the support cross-pieces are Walnut.

Don

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wow Don, that's splendid :icon_thum The curly Maple legs have outstanding figure, are the rift sawn? It seems like you have great figure on all their faces.
Beautiful work :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

Touchwood

New User
Don
Dave,

The boards look that way. I know the difference between rift cut and quarter sawn, but I find it difficult to tell one from the other just loking at the board surfaces.The wood came from Upstate NY..right on the south shore of Lake Ontario. The growth rings are pretty shallow curves and the "tigering" is present on both the front and side surfaces on most of the wood. Must have been a pretty big tree, two of the boards like that are over 12" wide.:gar-Bi

Thanks for looking.

Don

QUOTE=DaveO;258559]Wow Don, that's splendid :icon_thum The curly Maple legs have outstanding figure, are the rift sawn? It seems like you have great figure on all their faces.
Beautiful work :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors