Moderator functions FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Please forgive me because I feel like this is something that I should know already...
I'd like to become more active when it comes to helping with general site stuff like creating photo albums and other assorted service requests. I'm on quite a bit during the day on weekdays so I'd like to help share the workload.
I was wondering if there is a FAQ or instructions for creating photo albums and the like? I looked around a bit, but I couldn't find anything.
Just trying to be part of the solution instead of part of the problem!

Monty

New User
Monty
To create a new album:

1. Highlight the member's name in the work queue post, and copy it to the clipboard.

2. Open the Mod/Admin CP (I usually open in a new window so I can go back & forth if needed)

3. Click on the little arrow next to vBa Gallery, and select "Add Category" from that menu

4. Fill in as follows:

• Title - paste the user's name from the clipboard, and add 's Album after that
  • Category Parent - select "Members Albums"
  • Category Owner - paste again from the clipboard (just hit CTRL-V)
  • Radio buttons right under "Category Owner" - select Yes, No, Yes, Yes

5. Click on "Save" at the bottom of the page

6. Find the album you just created in the list of albums

7. Now look all the way to the right, click on the drop down that says "Moderators (0)" for that album, and select "Add Moderator" - just paste the user's name again from the clipboard

8. Now send a PM to the user letting them know you added the album. Sending the PM is easy, because the user's name is still in your clipboard.

At least that's how I do it.

Monty

New User
Monty
This is the PM I send out when I make a new album. I think I stole it from Clay or one of the other mods... maybe with a couple of minor modifications. :mrgreen:

I have added your photo album to the gallery. Feel free to upload your images as you wish. If you need help, there is an incredibly well-written and informative FAQ on image uploading and editing. You can find that FAQ here.

Also, you can find some other photo album FAQs here:
Photo Gallery FAQ

As always, please post a message if you have any problems, and someone will assist you.

Thanks.

Monty

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Thanks Monty, that's exactly what I was looking for!
Are there any other common requests that I have the ability (but maybe not the knowledge) to fill?
Also, do you think it might be worth it to start a 4th category in the Admin/Mod's forums that contains instructions for stuff like this for reference for new moderators? I know it would help me...

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Chris, I thought there was something written on the subject, but I couldn't find it either.

To create a Photo Album:
click on Galleries, and in the menu click Add Catagory
Then you will follow the information given in the Album Request
enter Album name ie. Dave's Album
Parent catagory: Members Gallery
Album owner: Dave
Yes, No,Yes, Yes for posting replies and ratings
Save
Check that the new Album comes up in the list
If it does,you've done it right
Then click on Add Moderator,and fill in the owners user name ie.Dave

I think that covers it, some of my terms and names might not be exactly how it comes up, but you should get the idea.It's very easy once you've done one.

HTH, Dave:)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dang, I got to learn to type faster.....Follow Monty's tutorial, his way is better, I never thought of copy/paste for the info. :eusa_doh:

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS