Moderated Classifieds Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

Since his only Ad I see was posted after you started this thread, I assume it is the 10" SCMS ad... I haven't a clue as to who may have moderated his ad...

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Not me:icon_scra
If you look in the classifieds forum there is 3 post for the saw :dontknow: 2 are moderated

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I didn't do it either?:icon_scra:dontknow:

I looked at the add and also noticed that it had been moderated?

Wayne

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Tom sent me a PM, he is understandably upset about the problems with the new software. There are two ads for the SCMS that are in "awaiting approval" state. No idea how that happened. The second mystery is why ad #3 for that same SCMS showed up successfully.

I'll see what I can find out.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Nope, not me!

Does it show up in the Moderator Log?

Roger
No, moderated ads don't show up in the Moderator log. In fact, calling them moderated ads is somewhat misleading. The proper term is "awaiting approval".

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I suspect Bas is using this "feature" to get first crack at everything that goes up for sale. After all he has WGD.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Tom sent me a PM, he is understandably upset about the problems with the new software. There are two ads for the SCMS that are in "awaiting approval" state. No idea how that happened. The second mystery is why ad #3 for that same SCMS showed up successfully.

I'll see what I can find out.

That's interesting that you say that Bas. A little while ago the ad "that wouldn't go away" (I don't remember what it was for right now) also showed up 3 times. I deleted the first two and let the last one remain. I don't know if these cases are inter-related or not.

I had nothing to do with this moderation...just for the record.

Dave:)

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I don't know if these cases are inter-related or not.
I don't know either. We'll need some more data to figure this out. It's unfortunate this is affecting Tom, since has sells a lot of good stuff.

BTW, I soft deleted the dupes, and #3 is now in closed status since it's been sold.

toolman

Administrator
Chad
I guess, I moderated Tom. or the Spamblock in vBClassified did it. One of the phrases was "contact me" and Tom had contact me in his ad, so the program moderated him. His Ad should of went to the "vBClassified Spamblock" Forum.
I have turned the spamblock OFF, we can look it over to see if we want to use it or not.

:slap:

toolman

Administrator
Chad
The contact me was not it. :dontknow: It is in all 3. The only thank defiance between the 3 is the last one " the pending one" has Shipping and the Seller Tools.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Chad, sorry I missed your call. One thing Tom mentioned that as he was trying to edit the ad, the site kept giving a message he had to wait 5 seconds between postings. Is it possible that rapid edits cause something to go into moderation?

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I have turned the spamblock OFF, we can look it over to see if we want to use it or not.
Let's turn it back on once we get all these problems sorted out. There is a very useful setting "Disable SpamBlock After User has X Posts". We can use that to ensure our regular viewers don't have any issues being accidentally flagged as spam, while keeping the bots at bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS