MLCS Woodworking Surprise 3YR Warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
Thought I ought to share this. Would not have been surprised had I paid attention when I bought it!

Mr. xxxxx,
Your rabbeting kit is still just under the three year warranty (purchased 2/28/2014). Can you tell me which size (outside diameter) bearing is frozen. With that information, we can send a replacement at no charge.There are four bearings (3/8", 1/2" came installed on the bit, 5/8" and 3/4") total in that kit.

Thank you for doing business with MLCS Woodworking. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Jeff
MLCS Technical Staff
MLCS Woodworking, Ltd.
www.mlcswoodworking.com
1-800-533-9298

Frequently Asked Questions:
www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/smarthtml/pages/mlcsfaq.htm

Frequently Asked Technical Questions:
http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/smarthtml/pages/techfaq.htm

Technical Manual, Product Instruction Sheets, and How-To Videos:
www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/smarthtml/pages/instruct.html
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------- Forwarded Message --------
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 18:46:50 -0500
To: Chris <sawdust@mlcswoodworking.com>

I bought the 8669 MLCS 6 Piece Rabbeting Kit over a year ago. Used it for a couple of projects now the bearing is frozen. Can I get a replacement? Or, at least, the specifications?_______________________________The above message was sent when you were offline, via your LivePerson account.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Been buying from MLCS for a long time. Always received great customer service.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Been buying from MLCS for a long time. Always received great customer service.
Me too! Usually I have my order by second day mail, which isn't bad for FREE shipping. I have one 1/2" straight bit that cut over 400 liner feet of ribs for a curved desk I built for local Y. The material was 3/4" plywood. Back in the nineties went by their retail store, but arrived just as they were closing so really didn't get to see it all.

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
I have purchased several items from them without knowing of this 'extended' warranty over the years without any issues with the product - save this one bearing :)

I think the Internet Sellers like Amazon (excellent customer Service) are 'upping the bar as they compete with the Brick and Mortar folks who seem first to list all the reasons they "probably" cannot accommodate your issue forcing you to call in a Manager - or two - before you get the respect MLS and Amazon provide from the git go.

I returned a bad can of gravy and some weird-tasting lunch meat the other day. I had to speak to five different employees - last a manager of some sort and could not get a credit back on the VISA card used to make the purchases - instead the sent me to find one or more 'food items' of the same value. The process consumed close to an hour of my time. Now, I admit that I did not save the receipt for the can of Wal-Mart Branded Turkey gravy - just took it home and put it on the shelf thinking it was just fine. Same thing with the cold cuts - I didn't buy them to eat on the ride home for Christ's sake tasting it first a few days later.

Lowes simply takes my VIA Card and finds the item. Publix makes no bones about it and another food store (Aldi's) insists upon giving you twice the purchase price!

Stores treat me like a gentleman when I hand them my VISA and as if I'm some shyster when I return something I found a problem with.

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
UPDATE:

Mr. Senf,

You should be receiving the replacement 3/4" OD bearing in the mail. Thank you for the positive feedback in that woodworking forum. In this digital shopping age there is much competition, so to stay competitive we try to offer quality affordable products and stand behind them when someone does encounter an issue. We try to do all we can to come to a satisfactory resolution with our customers. Without customers like you, we could fade away like most of the small mom & pop brick and mortar stores. Have an awesome week.

--
Thank you for doing business with MLCS Woodworking. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Jeff

MLCS Technical Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS