miter track

freshwaterw

New User
Wesley
What would be the ideal location (distance) from the center of the bit to mount miter track for the router on my table saw left extension table? Thanks for any and all input!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
54696D1C-5D2F-461F-90A5-F1C11CBC519A.jpeg

Mine measures 6 1/2” from the center of track to the bit center. This seems to be ideal for me for feather boards etc.

freshwaterw

New User
Wesley
Thank you Wayne .... just trying to "get it right the first time"! And featherboards definitely figure in the picture.

mpeele

michael
User
Look at the assories you plan to use in the track and the radius of the largest bit you plan to use. Since you are building one there is no “rule” that prevents you from having more than one track. I built one with a slot in front and back of the bit so I could use a sled.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I built mine. No tracks. I use a fence and sleds. IMHO tracks on a router table are not necessary and tend to collect trash.

freshwaterw

New User
Wesley
I built mine also ..... I have it on the left side of my table saw. I went ahead and sprung for a Rockler SL. So far I really like it. I am still "refining" my fence. Thanks Michael and Fred! That's what I like about these forums. There is always a different way of approaching something.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors