Miter saw

Jclrk

Jclrk
Corporate Member
Has any one tried the dust collection bags for there miter saw? I was just going to build a hood with big gulp in back since my miter saw is at the end of my work table. What do you guts have?

Attachments

• 51108.jpeg
    51108.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 146

kserdar

Ken
Senior User
The bag on my Makita collects maybe 1/3 the dust. Not very good, but better than nothing.

creasman

Jim
Staff member
Corporate Member
Wouldn't work in your location but I have mine against a wall with the dust collection hood built into the cabinetry. It also sits on a grid that provides suction underneath as well. Even with all this a miter saw is one of the hardest tools I've found to capture the dust (Ignore the curvature in the photo. It's from a panorama shot).
1620124150886.png

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
IMG_0136.jpg

Been using this a while. Works ok. Still wear mask with MDF.
I think I need to make to doors full length.
I can tell you this - it won't work with a shop vac. Mine has a dedicated 1HP wall mount blower and MDF dust still escapes out the front.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Jerry -
Here is something to try - especially in your situation where you might not be able to build a "dust box" and you can take it down to get it out of your way...there are a couple different versions and makers

Jclrk

Jclrk
Corporate Member
Jerry -
Here is something to try - especially in your situation where you might not be able to build a "dust box" and you can take it down to get it out of your way...there are a couple different versions and makers

That's what I was thinking about didn't know if anyone else tried one I was calling it a bag lol

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
That's what I was thinking about didn't know if anyone else tried one I was calling it a bag lol
I don't know anyone with personal experience, but learned about it years ago and suggested it to a company that was cutting plastic in the middle of the assembly like spraying dross EVERYWHERE! They ordered it, but I never saw it in place...

Regardless, in the "something is better than nothing" and I would verify it is returnable - probably worth a try...

Skymaster

New User
Jack
Jerry if you dont know I have a fein vacuum and the hose fits perfectly into the dust chute, 100% clean use :D :D :D

wolfsburged

New User
Bill

I have this setup in my basement.

I have it hooked up to my 4" dust collection pipework. I would say it does contain the dust into the 'tent' vs spraying out all behind, but it does not do much to take down the air borne fine dust. Too large an area and not enough air flow from the dust collector.

Better than nothing, but not perfect.

Jclrk

Jclrk
Corporate Member
I have this setup in my basement.

I have it hooked up to my 4" dust collection pipework. I would say it does contain the dust into the 'tent' vs spraying out all behind, but it does not do much to take down the air borne fine dust. Too large an area and not enough air flow from the dust collector.

Better than nothing, but not perfect.
Wasn't sure if it would work since my saw is counter sunk into work bench

Billm0066

Bill
User
Festool vac hooked up to festool miter saw and it gets most of the dust. The saw is grossly overpriced new but $700 used wasn’t too bad.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS