Miter saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobN

New User
Bob
Looking for opinions on a 12 inch compound miter saw.

I currently have a Delta with the dual lasers, I love the dual lasers but the saw is a pain in the a** to align and once it is aligned it doesn't take much to knock it out.

Before the the Delta I had a Dewalt 705, it was OK as long as you only used one side of the blade. If one side of the blade was dead on the other side would be off by about a degree and a half. I personally know 3 other people with 705s that have the same problem.

OK so who has a saw that will hold the alignment once it is align and is dead on , on both sides of the blade or is this asking to much.

Bob

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Looking for opinions on a 12 inch compound miter saw.

I currently have a Delta with the dual lasers, I love the dual lasers but the saw is a pain in the a** to align and once it is aligned it doesn't take much to knock it out.

Before the the Delta I had a Dewalt 705, it was OK as long as you only used one side of the blade. If one side of the blade was dead on the other side would be off by about a degree and a half. I personally know 3 other people with 705s that have the same problem.

OK so who has a saw that will hold the alignment once it is align and is dead on , on both sides of the blade or is this asking to much.

Bob
The problem with the DeWalts is that the fence is usually not straight along it's length. This is caused by overtightening bolts at factory. Loosen bolts, and use straight edge to set fence. Tighten bolts responsibily, problem solved.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I've got a Dewalt 705 (non-slider) and I have found it to be dead-on and the fences very flat. I love it!

Dave:)

yellofins

Ron
Corporate Member
I had a DW 718 slider and ended up returning it for the DW 716 non sliding.
The DW 716 has been perfect.
The slider I had had an issue repeating accuracy. It would cut +/- .5 degrees which isn't much until you are mitering a wider board.
After posting here it seems my DW issue was not a common issue.
Ron

Last edited:

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Bob
I have the 12 Ridged Miter saw and it works great. There are time I wish I had a slider though :BangHead:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I have two Dewalt's, a slider and a non. The best thing I did for it was to put in a Forrest blade. Made all the difference in the world.

Bruce's comment makes a lot of sense. I am going to have to check mine out.:eusa_thin

M

McRabbet

I've got a Porter-Cable 3802L (Dual laser) 12" CMS with a Freud LU85R012 96-tooth blade -- It is spot-on accurate and features a 35-1/2" fence when it is extended. Cross cuts like a dream.

Rob

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
when I was contracting, several years ago, we picked up the DW708 (? 12 inch SCMS), and found that it was a great saw! admittedly, as flooring installers, we didn't use the saw to its fullest capabilities (rarely is crown molding involved in a flooring installation), but we found that cuts were very repeatable when we had to work with odd angles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS