Miter saw hold downs

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
My Ridgid I am trying to improve as I can't afford a Festool, has clamps to hold work against the fence ( too sloppy for crown stops hence my jigs) but no provision for hold down. I have used plain old push sticks and have one of those expensive 3 point jobs on order, but really, would like ways to clamp down and especially for small parts. I was also thinking a layer of 800 grit paper glued to the base might be an advantage.

For really small stuff, I will make a sled with T-tracks, so that is figured out. What I don't have is provision for simple hold downs. There is not much "meat" in the casting to bore holes for posts. I ordered some DeWalt hold downs and will try to figure out a block I can bolt on.

Would fit under and looks like the jaw would clear the low fence. More ideal would be some sort of quick-release half nut/threaded rod on some sort of sliding rear mounted something. Open to ideas. Did not see many on Google.

It really needs a zero or low clearance insert on the fence as small pieces tend to take off.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Have considered making your own Million Dollar hold down. It could be either laminated up, or steam bent to rough shape and finished on the band saw.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors