Miter Gauge for Old 10 inch Craftsmen Band Saw???

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbarnhardt

New User
Barney
I recently bought an old Craftsmen 10 inch bench top bandsaw. I realize it's not much of a bandsaw, but I needed/wanted something to cut plywood pieces closer to size for my scrollsawing. This one fit the bill and the price was right. Bought it and a Craftsmen 4x36 belt/disc sander for $25 each.

The saw did not have a miter gauge with it and the part number that the manual says is for it has been replaced with one that they have no picture of and is, according to Sears' website, is plastic. Doesn't give me much confidence in ordering something like that.

I was hoping someone can/will point me to a place to find a replacement for this thing. Don't need/want some exotic multi setting miter gauge, I'm just cutting plywood for scrolling and want to be able to make straight, square cuts. Any suggestions are appreciated.

BTW, the part number listed in the saw manual is 9-24214 and the saw model number is 113.244512.

Thanks

Barney

gator

George
Corporate Member
Does it have a standard size miter slot? If so, you could use the miter gauge off of your table saw. If not, you could make one. Just use hardwood and rip and plane a runner to fit the slot and screw a cross piece to the runner.

George

sbarnhardt

New User
Barney
I have to admit that I don't know what "standard" is. I measured and came up with something close to 5/8 inch wide and 1/4 - 5/16 inch deep.
???

gator

George
Corporate Member
I have to admit that I don't know what "standard" is. I measured and came up with something close to 5/8 inch wide and 1/4 - 5/16 inch deep.
???

Industry standard for miter slots is 3/4" wide x 3/8" deep. Just take and see if your table saw miter gauge fits. Some saws (table and band) have non-standard sized slots, in which case you can make your own as mentioned above.

George

sbarnhardt

New User
Barney
Industry standard for miter slots is 3/4" wide x 3/8" deep. Just take and see if your table saw miter gauge fits. Some saws (table and band) have non-standard sized slots, in which case you can make your own as mentioned above.

George

Don't have a table saw. Trying to find something that will work in the bandsaw.

BSHuff

New User
Brian
I --may-- have one, if I can find it, you can have it. I was going through some boxes recently and found an about half scale plastic miter gauge marked sears. Not sure what I did with it, Let me look this weekend

sbarnhardt

New User
Barney
I --may-- have one, if I can find it, you can have it. I was going through some boxes recently and found an about half scale plastic miter gauge marked sears. Not sure what I did with it, Let me look this weekend

Thanks! Let me know how much and how much for shipping.

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
If it hasn't been done already you will need to adjust the table for the blade tracking.Different blades will have different tracking but once you adjust for say a 1/4 or 3/8 the table will be pretty close for most of them.
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS