Mission Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbtripp

New User
Lyell
Mission_Table_006.jpg

View image in gallery
All parts finished prior to assembly & glue up, thus eliminating sags & runs when spraying the finish. Notice the blue painters tape to protect bare wood from the finishing operations, allowing for glue up.

Assembled ready for top to be installed.
Table assembled & glued up. The table is built out of Birch with a nutmeg gel stain and 5 coats of pre-cat clear semi-gloss urethane finish.

Thanks for looking.
Lyell

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
That is a beautiful looking table. Very nice work. What a joy to be able to finish it with all parts laying flat.

Red

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Very nice indeed, Lyell. The panel in the top looks slightly darker than the rest of the table. Is it Birch or a different species?

Bill

lbtripp

New User
Lyell
Very nice indeed, Lyell. The panel in the top looks slightly darker than the rest of the table. Is it Birch or a different species?

Bill

Thank you Bill. The panel in the top is birch plywood as is the panel in the shelf. All the rest is solid birch.

Thanks for looking.
Lyell

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Thank you Bill. The panel in the top is birch plywood as is the panel in the shelf. All the rest is solid birch.

Thanks for looking.
Lyell

Thanks Lyell. The slight contrast in color or shade adds a very distinctive appearance, IMHO. :eusa_clap

Bill

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very nice design and execution there Lyell!!!:eusa_danc:icon_thum:icon_thum

The base supporting the bottom of the legs is a really nice touch.

Sure looks like you really nailed the finish schedule as well.

Wayne

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Lyell, very nice piece of work. I like your choice of nutmeg gel stain on birch. What led you to that choice?

+1 to finishing before assembly. :icon_cheers

lbtripp

New User
Lyell
Lyell, very nice piece of work. I like your choice of nutmeg gel stain on birch. What led you to that choice?

+1 to finishing before assembly. :icon_cheers
I have made up a bunch of sample boards on several species of wood and about 8 different gel stains. That is what my daughter picked out for a coffee table that I built her. I liked the finish on the coffee table so I decided to use the same on the sofa table.

Finishing before assembly & glue up pretty much eliminates the glue squeeze out that everyone was discussing in another thread.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and looking.

Lyell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS