Minor wood gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugle

Preston
Corporate Member
My nephew is a project manager for a construction company. As you know, contractors sometimes waste a lot of materials. They installed an Australian Cypress floor in a new home recently and were going to THROW AWAY :BangHead: the left over flooring. He couldn't stand to see it go to the landfill so he brought it home and gave it to me.

Not sure what I'm gonna do with it yet except the LOML said it would make a good looking top for a plant stand. Any more suggestions?

2011-09-24_11-21-07_226.jpg

2011-09-24_11-21-15_919.jpg

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
Minor gloat, that is a great score. I can see several adirondack chairs right there.

Red

Bugle

Preston
Corporate Member
The wife said she wanted a plant stand...she gets what she wants!

(Picture quality not so good)

SANY0171.JPG

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very nice work there, Preston!:thumbs_up

Perfect wood for this plant stand and excellent work with shape of the top. Must have been an interesting glueup.

Looks great!

Wayne

Bugle

Preston
Corporate Member
...Must have been an interesting glueup...

For the top, the tongues and grooves were left on and glued together then cut to shape. It started out as a circle, but I had trouble gluing a cold bended strip for the edge, so I made it an octagon. The thin strips were ripped and glued on to hide the ends of the T&G.

For the shelf, I ripped the tongues and grooves off, and dadoed and glued the cross pieces. I recently bought the Kreg Jr. pocket hole jig and used it to fasten and glue the triangular pieces (really just curious to see if it would work).

Thanks for the comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS