Mike gets around

Dreuxgrad

Ed
Senior User
Received a small table this past weekend from a friend that's downsizing.
Found a maker's mark in the drawer after starting to correct several ills.
Turned out to be manufactured in wife's home town of Buffalo.
Checking for further info I came across the image.
Surprised to see Klingspor made it so far to the North.
They have penetrated the Dallas market too.

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-03-04 171755.jpg
    Annotation 2020-03-04 171755.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 277

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Klingspor (sandpaper, etc.) is global. Klingspor Woodworking (Coleman's domain) is catching up. I see both referenced on the Creek from time-to-time from all over the country. Go Coleman!

Last edited:

woodworkingshop.com

Coleman
User
7.99 Flat Rate Shipping - unless otherwise noted. That is worth calling for - Right?
Seriously though, thank you for your business!!

Coleman

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
How about expanding to Virginia. Floyd is probably too small a market, but Blacksburg/Christiansburg is much larger. Until then, I'll continue to use mail order.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
How about expanding to Virginia. Floyd is probably too small a market, but Blacksburg/Christiansburg is much larger. Until then, I'll continue to use mail order.

There is nothing more that causes one to appreciate a really good woodworkers store than not having one you can drive to. We are very fortunate that Klingspors chose North Carolina as their American Headquarters, and also chose to start their woodworking supply stores here. And thank you Coleman for all you and your associates do to help and promote woodworking in the Carolinas.

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
There is nothing more that causes one to appreciate a really good woodworkers store than not having one you can drive to. We are very fortunate that Klingspors chose North Carolina as their American Headquarters, and also chose to start their woodworking supply stores here. And thank you Coleman for all you and your associates do to help and promote woodworking in the Carolinas.
Bruce, I couldn't agree more! Before the Asheville store was opened 5 years ago, I would drive to Hickory to the store you frequent instead of going less than half that distance to the other major woodworking store franchise who have a store in Greenville, SC. Now I'm less than 8 miles from the Klingspor's Woodworking Shop in Fletcher.

Hope to see you at the 5th Anniversary event later this month.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm envious. They moved the store from Raleigh to Cary about a month after I moved out of the area.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I'm envious. They moved the store from Raleigh to Cary about a month after I moved out of the area.
I used to live 5 min from where the store is now. If it had been there from the start, I might not have moved :)

Johnson

New User
AD
On Capital Blvd behind the Outback Steak House.

That would have been less than 10 minutes from where I recently purchased my home..... too bad. I have made the trip to Cary on a few occasions as the store is worth the 30 minute drive, but traffic in Raleigh has really started to worsen, so I have to pick my times so 30 minutes doesn't turn into 1 hour.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS