Mighty Mo finally assembled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hook

New User
Gregory
I did all the cutting early in the winter and posted it here in a now old thread - then work and life got in the way. Finally getting a break from both and got this battlewagon put together, just need to poly and put some felt on the bottom. Plans and patterns from BH&G Wood magazine:

IMG_0854_2.JPG

Yes, all of the turrets swivel, and the AA turrets also swivel a little up and down to give the appearance of aiming up into the sky

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
As an old tin can sailor, I still love your battle wagon! Very nice work Gregory!

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
I saw that in the magazine and it intrigued me also. Great job, looks wonderful. I hope to do a MRAP patrol vehicle for a friend some day. Great inspiration for starting on it.

MDWine

New User
Michael
My grandson spotted that in the last issue of WOOD, so it seems I have to make one. (yeah, I'm sure he's forgotten, but I haven't!)

My question, Hook, is generally how was it to build. Lots of cutting out, gluing I presume... what kind of time did you put into it up to this point of finish?

I gotta get my hands on the plans soon so I can get started. Thanks for posting her! She's a beauty!

Hook

New User
Gregory
Michael,

It's hard to say because the time has been broken up considerably - the cutout time isn't long, it's the sanding, measuring, drilling, shopping for the appropriate hardware and glue up that seem to take the bulk of the time. I would say if I have 10 hours in it, it's probably a lot. Total cutting time might be an hour and a half. I did the hull, larger pieces and main turrets on a band saw. Smaller pieces on a scrollsaw. That issue of Wood Magazine had the plans and/or measurements in it for the smaller pieces and they listed a website to get the plans for the hull and some of the other pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS