Might be work for someone

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate71

New User
Evans
I found this on CL this morning while browsing. Might be some work worth looking into for someone.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/trd/1602179068.html

Designer looking to have a custom furniture piece fabricated I am looking for SERIOUS
candidates ONLY. The budget is low for this project looking for reasonable price to fabricate and maybe
finish. I am supplying all the materials so all I need is a quote to fabricate this piece. If interested submit a
sample of your woodwork and I can give you more details on this project. You will have to sign a copyright
agreement with me

Evans

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
"Low Budget"
"Reasonable Price"
"No details"
"Sign a copyright"

:no::nah::thumbs_do:eusa_naug

pete

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
The last time that I built something for someone who supplied the materials was a nightmare. I will never again build ANYTHING where the materials are "supplied". Long project delays and inferior materials resulted in over triple my labor estimate and quote. I now supply all the materials or I refuse to take the job.

Charley

Glennbear

Glenn
Far too often I have heard of designers pulling this stunt. Basically what they want to do is maximize their profit by hiring a skilled woodworker to do the labor they are incapable of doing. I would happily do a comissioned work but I have no interest in subsidizing someone else's profit margin. The fair way to do things would be to solicit bids for a finished piece. :wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors