Mid Century Modern Desk

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Justice

David
Corporate Member
Built this for my sister, it's not my style at all. Against my usual routine, I used all power tools. I figured a Modern piece should be built with modern tools?

100% White Oak with Dark Walnut stain (except for the pulls and slide out tray) and Arm-R-Seal satin finish. Comment and critiques always welcome.

Thanks.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2041 2.jpg
    IMG_2041 2.jpg
    490.7 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_1737.jpg
    IMG_1737.jpg
    332.7 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_4154.jpg
    IMG_4154.jpg
    378.2 KB · Views: 131

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Interesting, I do like it and I'm not a mid century modern kinda guy either. I like the appearance of a floating top by keeping the pull out writing surface natural, the color and contrast is fun and echoes a little of an arts and crafts. I am uncertain about the leg on the left, it appears from the photo that it's unsupported and that's a heavy area. I'm probably wrong but visually that's the appearance.
over all a darn nice desk.

and yep, I was wrong!

Last edited:

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Great job, David. To my eyes it looks a little ungainly (with only one leg visible on left). If the drawers are heavily loaded, does it tilt?

Last edited:

bash

New User
bash
I also like the floating top and the contrast of the top shelf and drawer pulls. Very nice.

Richo B

New User
Richo
Good. So it's not just me who was fooled. There are wood artists out there that do build furniture to appear as optical illusions so I wondered if we had one here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS