Metal Corner Guards and Rain Diverters

Status
Not open for further replies.

manfre

New User
Manfre
For my newly created shop, I need a rain diverter to go over the door because I cannot install gutters. I've also been trying to find an angled piece of weather proof metal (aluminum, diamon plate or stainless) to protect the edge of the plywood in the 5' door ways. The most likely thing to work for the doorways would be corner guards, but I have not been able to find any place local. Any help with finding either of these would be appreciated.

If all else fails, I can make both with a metal brake but I already have plenty of projects and would happily pay commercial prices.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
I'm surprised you can't find a roof dam at lowes. They used to have them.

I'm having a problem visualizing your plywood edge guards. Does your plywood edges not butt against the door casing?

manfre

New User
Manfre
The doorway threshold is the plywood resting on the floor joist. I want to protect the edge of the plywood from getting banged up as I move things in and out. The item I need is either sill nosing or 1"x1" to 3"x3" corner guards. In reality, any rust proof 1/16" to 1/8" thick, solid, 90 degree angled metal would suffice.

DSC_5262.JPG

View image in gallery

Lowes and home depot don't show roof dams or rain diverters (they only show ones for downspouts) on their website and I wasn't able to find them in my endless wandering through the stores.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
what I wound up doing was buying the 1/4" x 6" Azek type material at homedopey and bending matching aluminum trim coil to cover the exposed ply edge for my garage door

erasmussen

RAS
Corporate Member
What I did on my 12 x 20 ( which looks like its from the same company as yours, just different roof style and different doors) was just build a small roof over the door, it keeps the rain from getting in.

shop_door.jpg

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
It looks like drip edge would handle both of your needs. Along with a tube of Blackjack or whatever brand of roofing sealant Lowes carries.

Glennbear

Glenn
I recently made a trip to Home Depot to plan for a spring project and picked up a sheet in the roofing dept. showing the various metal profiles for roofing trim made by Amerimax. Here is a link to their website showing profiles that may be suitable above your door. I believe the drip edges were in stock:
http://www.amerimax.com/product-dripedge2.asp?iDripEdgeStyleId=8

As far as protecting the flooring edge I would recommend the flooring dept. I recall buying in the past various metal profiles used for transitions between different floor materials which would protect the raw plywood edge and are designed for foot traffic.:wsmile:

Wolfpacker

New User
Brent
I've picked up scrap gutter stock from a nearby company and bent my own diverters in the past. I use black gutter stock and bend it by clamping in my workmate and hammering in to 90*. If you have access to a brake...no problem with longer sections.

Brent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS