metal building for shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinson

Doug
Corporate Member
Has anyone built a prefab metal building for a shop? I am thinking of something that can be insulated and a little better that just a metal carport/garage.
Any suggestions welcome. Thanks

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
I suggest that you check out Morton Buildings. Their buildings are basically pole barn style with metal exteriors and their insulation packages are good. IMHO, the overall value is really good if you have them provide you with only the insulated shell.

bobby g

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
For future reference, topics of this nature belong in the Workshops forum. The Help Desk is meant for resolving issues with regard to the website.

No harm done, the thread has been moved to Workshops as a matter of routine housekeeping.

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
I built a shop 32' x 64' with 12' ceiling in a style similar to the Morton buildings but I hired local carpenters that work by the hour and I saved a LOT of money over the Morton building and everyone else I got quotes from. It is in the pole barn style covered in colored metal with concrete floors and insulated with central heat and AC in half of it. Plumbed with commode and sink and lots of receptacles and central underfloor dust collector. It is a pleasure to work in. My point is you can probably beat the big name company prices if you can find some good carpenters that work for themselves and take pride in their work.

vinson

Doug
Corporate Member
Splinter
My original idea was to build a building like you describe but decided to look at metal buildings as an option. From what I have seen (have not seen the Morton in person) I agree that they may not be a savings. I go to church with a father /son carpenter team and am going to talk to them this weekend. Thanks for the response--all the responses.
Doug

MikeH

New User
Mike
I built a shop 32' x 64' with 12' ceiling in a style similar to the Morton buildings but I hired local carpenters that work by the hour and I saved a LOT of money over the Morton building and everyone else I got quotes from. It is in the pole barn style covered in colored metal with concrete floors and insulated with central heat and AC in half of it. Plumbed with commode and sink and lots of receptacles and central underfloor dust collector. It is a pleasure to work in. My point is you can probably beat the big name company prices if you can find some good carpenters that work for themselves and take pride in their work.

What was the ballpark figure for the cost of your shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors