Met Mike Davis Yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rod

New User
Rod
I don't know if this is the correct format to post this, so sorry if I messed up.

I just wanted to say that I met Mike Davis yesterday. He was good enough to invite me into his home and give me the 1930s bandsaw that he had. Of course the reason he invited me into his home was to show off his wormy chestnut walls and all of the beautiful woodworking he has done. Man was I impressed.

On a side note, Mike lives in heaven if you have not been there...God's country as they say. I was stunned by the beauty and serenity of his farm/estate and hope for another invitation soon.

Mike, thank you again for your warmth and hospitality...and for the bandsaw of course. It was an honor and pleasure to have the chance to meet you and your family.

Rod

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Rod, you posted this in the right place. I have met Mike several times but not yet at the place you call haven. Mike is a great guy like most of the folks on this forum.

nelsone

New User
Ed
worthless_without_pics.gif

Glad you had a good time!

J

jeff...

Rod, you posted this in the right place. I have met Mike several times but not yet at the place you call haven. Mike is a great guy like most of the folks on this forum.

Like Most Folks? and just what are you trying to say about Bas? hu Darth Scroller... :rotflm:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Rod I am glad that you got the opportunity to meet Mike, he is one of the folks that make this site/group one of the best. I have been to his place several times, and you're right is is a slice of Heaven after a loong and winding road. If he cooked for you, you will know what true heaven is like. I've seen him turn some Deer into the finest "fillet mignon" I have ever tasted, and he serves a mean breakfast too.

Dave:)

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Mike is a good guy, with the patience of a saint (he taught me how to turn a persimmon limb into a spoon). :wink_smil

sawduster

New User
Robert
Been there myself ( also to pick up a bandsaw ) and you are right .....a serious slice of heaven :icon_thum
mike is a genuine good guy and has the most polite, respectful and mature children I have ever had the pleasure to meet. Good parenting shows :notworthy:

........ makes a mean pot of chili too :gar-La;

T

toolferone

If he cooked for you, you will know what true heaven is like. I've seen him turn some Deer into the finest "fillet mignon" I have ever tasted.

Dave:)

Now you had to go and bring that up. I had just finished teaching my taste buds to stop yearning for more of the deer. Now they are at it again. If I lost the abilty to taste the next day, I would have okay after having had Mike's deer.

Yup, Mike has a great place and is good people.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Rod,

It was great to have you visit the shop and our home. Sorry I didn't have anything for you to eat.

Thanks for all the wood you brought and when you get moved we will get to visit often.

Drop by anytime you're in the county.

We have a lady looking at the farm today and she sounds pretty interested, she came all the way from Connecticut just to look at our place. Maybe a move is in our future.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Like Most Folks? and just what are you trying to say about Bas? hu Darth Scroller... :rotflm:
Jeff, it's nothing personal, Scott just doesn't like me. Must be because I resist his efforts to turn me to the DARK SIDE! Basically, we have a hate/ loathe relationship. :)

BTW Scott, you going to the lumber run this Saturday? Carpool?

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Jeff, it's nothing personal, Scott just doesn't like me. Must be because I resist his efforts to turn me to the DARK SIDE! Basically, we have a hate/ loathe relationship. :)

BTW Scott, you going to the lumber run this Saturday? Carpool?

What are you saying Bas, it's not just Scott that doesn't like, it's pretty much the rest of us also:wink_smil. But, just like the red headed step child, we still love ya' man.

Keep us laughing,
Jimmy:mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS