Merlin Splitter - Problem with Delta Table Saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

quid_non

Wayne
Senior User
Hi All -
Anybody got a Delta Table Saw and put a Merlin Splitter on it? I really like the splitter, but it causes a huge problem when I attempt to bevel cut. At more than 40 degrees it literally pushes the insert up and binds. It was set up correctly, but me thinks there is a design flaw her. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Wayne

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Hey Wayne,

I have the Unisaw and I put the unifence splitter on it and have the same problem. Anywhere near a 40 degree angle and the splitter lifts the insert. I re-installed and no change...I just stopped using it for bevel cuts.

I just got the Biesemeyer splitter from Santa (model 78-961) but can't install it yet as Delta did not include all the parts for install. I'm doing battle with them and am very disappointed with their lack of customer support. It seems that I'm seeing other negatives about Delta on some of the other threads.

Looking forward to other comments here.

goiod luck.

Dan C.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
IIRC, the merlin splitter is only intended for use when doing non-bevel cuts? and that it shouldn't be used for any other style of cut? It's been a while since I looked at one, so I could be wrong.

T

toolferone

Is the mount hitting the bottom of the insert? How much is it raising it? Could you grind away a little metal on the mount to fix the problem? I like the idea of the Merlin, but has been plagued with little issues here and there, with the main problem being the inconsistencies with the different table saw castings. It is nice how easy it is to remove and replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors