Mentor/Classes/Hang Out - Southern Pines

landman

New User
Mike
In the process of moving to Southern Pines. I have always had a love affair with wood and with creating however my experience is mostly with carpentry/construction and some decoy carving. I tend to collect wood from the farm and other ventures I am involved in and would like to start learning wood turning and other woodworking skills in my near retirement age and to start utilizing some of my wood cache. I have a shop full of tools and and can build about anything, not necessarily good, but I have the rough skill set. Would like to start with wood turning classes or a mentor or private instructor in the Moore County area, willing to pay and/or contribute or just hang out and observe.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Oh, I hope you find someone. I think you may have posted on fb and I replied but I didn’t know where Moore County is. We do have some excellent woodworkers over there but I couldn’t say if any may be willing to teach. I hope so.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Oh, I hope you find someone. I think you may have posted on fb and I replied but I didn’t know where Moore County is. We do have some excellent woodworkers over there but I couldn’t say if any may be willing to teach. I hope so.
It is South of the Triangle. Pinehurst and Southern Pines are in Moore County.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
In the process of moving to Southern Pines. I have always had a love affair with wood and with creating however my experience is mostly with carpentry/construction and some decoy carving. I tend to collect wood from the farm and other ventures I am involved in and would like to start learning wood turning and other woodworking skills in my near retirement age and to start utilizing some of my wood cache. I have a shop full of tools and and can build about anything, not necessarily good, but I have the rough skill set. Would like to start with wood turning classes or a mentor or private instructor in the Moore County area, willing to pay and/or contribute or just hang out and observe.
If you go to the light brown line at the top of the screen you will see something call Members. You can search for members based on town/city and get a feel for how many are in your area.

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
I don't see the Members link. I would be interested in finding other people in my area (Denver, NC) as well.

If you're using a computer, there's a menu bar across the top of the page. "Members" is located between "Resources" and "Social media."

If you're using a phone, press the three-line icon at the top left of the page to open the Menu, and scroll down until you see "Members." It should be similar on a tablet

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
I am just a bit north of you in Cameron. There are a few members in this area.
I mainly do Scroll saw work now. Hopefully the others will chime in. We also have members in Pittsboro.

mpholway

Board of Directors, Events Director
Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
I just did a quick search for you on Southern Pines, Pinehurst, and West End. I cut it off at 2018 to make it manageable. Results below:

nameloctionLast activity
frankc4113Pinehurst
5-Jan-22​
WillemjmPinehurst
5-Jan-22​
mpholwayWest End
5-Jan-22​
fsavitPinehurst
21-Oct-21​
GregBSouthern Pines
4-Oct-21​
bshilkitusSouthern Pines
26-Feb-21​
logrollPinehurst
26-Feb-21​
Blind PigPinehurst
16-Nov-20​
LouDPinehurst
16-Jun-20​
ken macSouthern Pines
14-Nov-19​
JeePPinehurst
26-Jan-19​
yuenglingmanPinehurst
11-Jan-19​
Longneedlepine65Pinehurst
24-Dec-18​
jkordesPinehurst
11-Dec-18​
mapanaroSouthern Pines
21-Mar-18​
NuWineSouthern Pines
19-Jan-18​

AT_T_2D

at_t_2d
Senior User
If you're using a computer, there's a menu bar across the top of the page. "Members" is located between "Resources" and "Social media."

If you're using a phone, press the three-line icon at the top left of the page to open the Menu, and scroll down until you see "Members." It should be similar on a tablet

For me, there isn't anything between "Resources" and "Social Media". It may be because I have not had many posts. On the pinball forum I frequent, several sections do not appear until you have a minimum number of posts. Thank you very much for the reply.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yes, your membership status does play a role. I do not recall the specifics but the number of days and the number of posts does count. It is something that we put in place after a few spammers took advantage.

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yes, your membership status does play a role. I do not recall the specifics but the number of days and the number of posts does count. It is something that we put in place after a few spammers took advantage.
Then we have a problem: The "Members" tab is available when I visit as a guest

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Try using a different browser or incognito mode, clear cache, close browser & try again.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
If you don’t find turning lessons, I teach at my home shop. I know it is a long drive but I’ve had students from as far away as Fayetteville and Asheville.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS