Member support needed - Agri Civic Center Day Space Albemarle, NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskipper

Cathy
This weekend is the Agri Civic Center Day in Albemarle, NC. The Friends of the Agri Civic Center are a non profit corp. NCWW has been invited to participate in having a presence to distribute information, conduct demonstrations, and also to sell our wares. We have been given three booths, including electricity at no charge to us. It is outdoors and hopefully some of us have canopies/tents for us to use (I don't).

In the past we have had discussions about finding a "market" for selling the things we make. This is the first opportunity we have had and it's been virtually given to us. The only money this will possibly cost us is to make a voluntary contribution if we are successful in selling our individual products. Several members who had originaly planned on participating cannot due to changes in their obligations, which leaves only a few of us who are attending.

Demonstrations go over really well. Please show off your woodworking skills regardless of your expertise. I remember being hesitant the first time I did demonstrations at a show, but quickly realized that it was a lot of fun. Folks are curious and ask a lot of questions. Carving, turning, sharpening, using all kinds of hand tools all are hits. Perfection and public speaking aren't required.

Folks, this is a really terrific opportunity to promote NCWW and different aspects of woodworking. It's also a great opportunity to potentially sell things we make. I really hope that we can get more commitment by members to partiipate. If you can't stay the whole day, come for part of it.

The site flyer can be found here

The site map can be found here:[URL="http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=332"

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
After putting a new top arm w/front tension release, then installing a new quick release top blade clamp, then replacing the cracked connector arm, then replacing the bottom blade clamp, my "hardly used" Hegner scroll saw is finally humming along! Cut an elephant puzzle and a dinasour puzzle this evening from 3/4 poplar to try it out. We're starting to get along much better! The saw is much lighter than the DW788, so, barring any unforsee event, I'll bring it to Albamarle and we can turns committing SAWDUST. Cathy, can you bring some items you'd like to cut, along with your favorite blades? I'll bring stuff I like to cut, and we'll have some fun. See all y'all there.:wwink:

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Here's who we know will be there so far:
Jdulaney (ship model building demo)
cskipper
BKind2anmls
Sawman101
and me.
I'll probably bring the lathe for a demo but my involvement may be curtailed by my wife's recovery progress from foot surgery. If I can't stay, I'll get the booth set up & return to break it down.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Thanks to all who are planning to attend and demo or bring stuff for sale! :notworthy:

I can't promise you a huge turnout, but we are promoting the event heavily. Looks like the weather is going to be OK:wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS