Member Experience With Rigid Jointer

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick7938

New User
Rick
I have a chance to buy a used Rigid jointer at a reasonable price. I am looking for some feedback from those of you who have them as far as potential problems that I may experience such as finding replacement blades, etc.

Thanks for any feedback.

DIYGUY

New User
Mark
IIRC - OTY there have been numerous posts on this subject here. Have you tried a search?

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I have one and it has worked flawlessly for me. I would recommend it.

GregSmith

Greg
Corporate Member
I have one and it works good for me. I have replaced the original blades and got some made by Freud. They fit fine. Your mobile base options are somewhat limited to home made or the "make your own" kit (with the four corners and you supply the sides) sold by Delta, Rockler, and others. I have nothing bad to say about it.:icon_thum

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
I have one of the older gray jointers (newer ones are orange). It has worked well. I got a mobile base from Wood River, and it fits, though it has low ground clearance; this is a slight pain if you will roll the jointer over a door threshold.

DavidF

New User
David
No hesitation to recommend this jointer. Mine has done sterling service. Only point of note is that the tables did go 0.005" out of planar after one of the really hot days. I shimmed the ways on the OF table and has been true ever since, now when winter comes.....

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Had one and it provided excellent service. Never changed the knives as they stayed sharp for as long as I had it. Upgraded to an 8" because I wanted to.

Dave:)

erasmussen

New User
RAS
Mine has been a work hourse, everything from poplar to Ipe, and still havent had to change the knives :icon_thum

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have had mine about four years and it is great. I know I have changed the blades but it was so easy I can hardly remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS