Meeting @ Ernie's Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I went down to Washington, NC to race in a triathlon. I went down the day before and had a wonderful meeting with ErnieM, his wife (she took the picture), Alan, Matt, and Toolman (not pictured as he showed up later). Seeing Ernie's harpsicords is amazing. But hearing them is even better! The sound is spectacular! Thanks for the hospitality everyone!

P7150247.JPG

Ernie, me, Matt, and Alan.

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Doug,

We all had a great time - I'm glad we were able to get together. How'd you do in the triathlon?

Ernie

b4man

New User
Barbara
:eusa_clap:eusa_danc:eusa_clap:eusa_danc:eusa_clap

Nice pic! How did you fair in the race?

Barbara

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Pretty well. I was 79 out of 129. I swam 1500m in 31.01 (62nd), I rode 28 miles in 1:20:32 (48th and 20.9 mph), and I had a bad run (6.2 miles) as my back seized up a little :wsad: 1:02:13.3 (109th). Total time with transitions 2:57:14.9.

It was a great race and I will return next year! (Actually I am considering a half Ironman race their on October 30). Thanks for asking!

Last edited:

flatheadfisher

New User
Michael
Congrats on a good meet and a good race. I am amazed that some human bodies can withstand such stress, much less excel at it!

toolman

Administrator
Chad
It was good to see Doug and Alan again, and to meet Matt and Ernie for the first time. WOW what a amazing harpsichord Ernie makes!! :icon_thum

mlzettl

Matt
Corporate Member
Enjoyed meeting Doug, Alan, and Chad, and of course, seeing Ernie's harpsichords is always a treat.

Matt

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Looks like a great time. :icon_thum And Doug, it's not about how you finish, as long as you are doing your best. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm not able to do it now, but I'm pretty sure we have some .wav files in our library of one of Ernie's instruments. A good way to spend Sunday morning for those so inclined.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I told my father about Ernie's harpsicords and he told me he knew of someone years ago that made them. He than asked where Ernie got the inner workings. When I told Dad that Ernie made them himself, it was one of the few times he was dead-silent. Ernie, my Dad hasn't seen or heard your exquisite work, but you have impressed him none-the-less!

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Hey Doug!
For one, I'm jealous you got to tour Ernie's shop (I hope to see a crawl in the Washington NC area soon).

Secondly, are we seeing the start of a Presidential tour of shops throughout the state? :gar-La;

Jim

sawduster

New User
Robert
Congrats on a good meet and a good race. I am amazed that some human bodies can withstand such stress, much less excel at it!

i'm even more amazed that anyone would subject themselves to that ON PURPOSE !! :rotflm:

...man I got tired just reading about it :gar-La;

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Not this year as I am racing the Augusta Half Ironman 9/26 in Georgia as my "A" race this year. Maybe next year.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
It would have to be the Half as I have no plans on doing a full Ironman. I ran one marathon in my life and did not enjoy it. Doing one after a 2.4 mile swim and a 112 mile bike ride would be more than I ever want to go through!

striker

New User
Stephen
I believe its your choice – half or whole. Of course, sharks know the 1/2 tri swimmers are the plumper, tastier lot so there is a little incentive to be in the other group.

Personally, I don’t run unless the words “Buffet” or “all you can eat” are on the horizon.

Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS