Me at Woodcraft Raleigh Today DEMOS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toolferone

I will be here to 4 pm today doing demo's and doing a sawblade 101 clinic from 2 pm to 3:30.
Come on daover and say hi.

BTW, all Freud products are off 10% too.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Question for you Tom,

I was looking at purchasing a LU85R010 saw blade as a friend has one. My friends saw blade has a full kerf .125 and the plate is .116

I noticed on the Freud website that the blade has changed to a .116 Kerf and a .098 plate? I was wondering if Freud has come up with a stronger material for their blades therefore the reason for the thinner blade or if they are just skimping? Not trying to be rude.

I just want a full kerf blade .125 -.126 with a .116 plate for segmented cutting as I don't want any flexing of the blade so that after I cut the segments I can go right to gluing them up. I did look at the LU80R010 blade that has a .126 kerf, but has a .087 plate, and that just seems like it could flex alot as it's the same plate size as a thin kerf blade?

I am so confused of why they did this? Can you help another out?

Thank you for your time,

Matthew

T

toolferone

Matt,

I don't have a perfect answer for you. I know the blade is marked 1/8" which is only .009 off of the .116" actual size. I will try to find out if it has changed or has always been that. As far as materials, our blades are all laser cut from a hard flat steel plate. That along with the proper placement and design of the polymerfilled anti-vibration fingers and the tension ring rolled into the blade and you won't have to worry about the blade flexing. Of course the real test is in your shop. Our terms are simple. Buy and use the blade and if you are not happy return it for a refund only if it has Not been sharpened or misused/abused. If I found out any other details I will pass them on. Hoe this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors