Maybe I should have stayed in bed today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan S

Bryan
Wanted to use my 1 day off this week to make some headway on the entertainment center I have started, it's been slow going on this project.

Selected the boards for the base, cut to rough length, jointed, planed, and ripped to width and cleaned up. 1 board about a half inch too short. Now how did that happen :dontknow:. Grabbed another board solved the issue, cleaned up chips again.

Set up router table to cut the rabbits and got a fair amount of tearout on the last board of course. Came up with a solution routed out the rabbits a second time, so what if the base is 3/32 inch lower than I had planned, I'm the only one thats going to know but more time wasted.

Set up router table to rout the outside profile then all I have to do is cut to final length and attatch. Well halfway through the third board the router dies.:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: The project is dead in the water. Now I guess its to the Dewalt service center in Greensboro Monday cuase its only a year and a half old.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
That is the way a lot of my projects go. You are trying to be so careful and then you make a mistake like you are describing. I think I have resolved myself to realize that it is just a part of the hobby. My problem is that I get in a hurry. Sounds like you recovered ok, if you were closer you could use one of my routers.

cskipper

Cathy
I think those kind of days happen so we appreciate the better ones. Either that or to give us an excuse to go play instead.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I found this post from an old thread. It explains the problem here, although somewhat tongue in cheek. Hope they can fix the router. Had an associate drop a Hitachi laser CMS & break the handle. Dealer nearly sold the saw to him again! Everybody has days like that. It leaves you with 2 options; either move on, or move on.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Ordered Some Stuff Today
Epiphany
banana_sign.gif

That's it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally. THE question. The question to end all questions. The question people have asked since the beginning of time. We already knew the answer, now we finally know the question.

"How Many Routers Does A Man Need To Be Happy?"

"42"

Bryan S

Bryan
I found this post from an old thread. It explains the problem here, although somewhat tongue in cheek. Hope they can fix the router. Had an associate drop a Hitachi laser CMS & break the handle. Dealer nearly sold the saw to him again! Everybody has days like that. It leaves you with 2 options; either move on, or move on. quote]

Dennis I know those horror stories are out there. I'm pretty sure the problem is in the speed control/ soft start and there is supposed to still be under warrenty.
And the 1,600 of us :rotflm:

Seriously, we all have days where nothing goes right.

Yes but I'm counting on you folks not saying anything :gar-La;

alleng

New User
allen
I found this post from an old thread. It explains the problem here, although somewhat tongue in cheek. Hope they can fix the router. Had an associate drop a Hitachi laser CMS & break the handle. Dealer nearly sold the saw to him again! Everybody has days like that. It leaves you with 2 options; either move on, or move on.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Ordered Some Stuff Today
Epiphany
banana_sign.gif

That's it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally. THE question. The question to end all questions. The question people have asked since the beginning of time. We already knew the answer, now we finally know the question.

"How Many Routers Does A Man Need To Be Happy?"

"42"

cptully

New User
Chris
Building my daughter's bin shelf, first I put the template for the dowel holes on one side backwards, then I slipped with the router while making heart outlines on the sides. Pictures to be taken and posted soon.

Chris

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
My rules of experience:

1) I always buy more wood than I need, so i can experiment (scientific term for mess up).
2) Start as early in the day as possible, so I can finish sooner (or have more time to spend on rule #1).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS