Maybe a Useful Tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I thought that we had a "Tips & Tricks" forum, but I couldn't find it. Anyway, I wanted to put a relief cut on the bottom of some shop sawhorse feet, but didn't want to make a MDF template for a 10" cut and I don't have a bandsaw.

I took a hand held router with a 1/2" rabbet bit and cut the profile on all 4 pieces paying close attention to the end points which were nicely rounded over by the bit (no end stops used because the pieces were too short to allow them). Then changed to a flush trim bit and flipped the pieces over so that the rabbet became the "template" of sorts. They turned out pretty well for a shop piece, but with some fine tuning and care I think it could work in a pinch for better quality work.

Not rocket science to the more experienced members, but perhaps useful to us newcomers that are trying to learn with each experiment. :eek:ccasion1

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you folks. :eusa_danc

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I had not thought of using the surface of one routed profile as a guide for another profile - A router is an-amazing tool in the hands of someone who can think outside of a chunk of wood spinning between two centers. Gotta get my digs on the turners you know :gar-La;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS