Max File Size for Resource Uploads?

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
What is the maximum file size for resource uploads. I'm trying to upload a revised version of the plan for Pop-Pop's Moxon vise but get a message that the file size is too large. It's 3.4Mb.

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
Continuing on here, I have created a plan for Pop-Pop's latest portable vise. The PDF for that one is a little under 3 Mb and apparently it's also too large. So what is the file size limit and can it be raised?

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
What is the format? Photo files can be reduced easily using a free program called "Irfanview" (Irfan is the creator's first name). I do a lot of photo work and use Irfanview a lot. It is very easy to use and makes a great slide show type viewer of all the photos in a directory too.

Charley

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
They are PDF files. I wound up creating lower quality PDFs and uploaded them. I guess they'll do.

I do know how to reduce the file size for images and have several different programs I can use for that.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hopefully Ron will see this soon and look into increasing the file size limit. New software always has its challenges.

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
I looked into the admin for the site and it appears a 4mb file should be way within the limits of the site attachment policy. So I am missing something else if its not letting that happen. I'll defer to @FlyingRon as well.

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
Thanks Scott. It's kind of funny because the PDF I uploaded a few weeks ago for the Moxon vise went fine but when I tried to upload the revised file (same file size) the other day and again today, I got the message that the file was too large.

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks Ron. There have been some discussions for media & available formats.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS