Mastering Woodworking with Charles Neil - 1 Week FREE Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLetts

New User
Carl
http://charlesneilwoodworking.com/articles.php?art=freetrialshow

I've had a subscription to Charles Neil's "Mastering Woodworking" show for a year. I never thought I could build the things I've learned to build but I have pictures (along with two very surprised and happy daughters, one sister-in-law and three customers), to show for it.

Charles shows us that "it's not rocket science". Things as simple as "use a drill bit as a very accurate spacer" to more complex things like making a jig to route flutes in a bed post. There's a new webisode every Thursday night and they're typically an hour in length.

One of the things that helped me the most is how he'll show us if he makes a mistake and how to fix it.(He's even made mistakes intentionally just so he could show us how to correct it) This is not like reading how to do something, he literally shows us how to correct mistakes we all eventually make. He also shows several different ways to accomplish the steps without our having to go out and purchase the latest biggest gadgets and tools.

At $19.95/month, that equates to just $5.00 an hour for PERSONAL INSTRUCTION from a very talented and successful woodworker. In addition, he answers unlimited emails offering advice and solutions. I used to have 6 woodworking magazine subscriptions but I let every one of them run out. With what I learn in Mastering Woodworking, they are really no longer helping me.

If this sounds like an advertisment, maybe it is. I just know that I've learned a LOT in the last year and there are lots more subscribers who can say the same thing. I drove up to Virginia to meet Charles last March and he's a genuine guy. He has a God given talent and he likes to teach people what he's learned in his 30+ years of woodworking and 40+ years of spraying/finishing (He sprayed cars before he got into woodworking).

I hope you join all of us at his "Mastering Woodworking" Show and after your very first build you too can stand back, look at what you built and literally say to yourself *I* built THAT???

b4man

New User
Barbara
I have enjoyed many YouTube shows of Charles so I can vouch for his knowledge and his often entertaining methods of teaching. I didn't realize he had started a monthly show. I will be checking into it! I would love to meet him in person some day.

Thanks Justin!

Barbara

Glennbear

Glenn
Several months ago I invited Charles to join our ranks and he did not hesitate to do so. :icon_thum Since he has joined he has jumped in with advice several times on various threads. He is definitely a knowledgeable and down to earth guy and best of all he is a fellow Virginian. :gar-La;

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site Justin, and thanks for the info about Charles Neil. You may want to go to the "Who We Are" forum and post a quick intro of yourself. Also, if you've got any pics of your shop, projects, tools, etc., we'd love to see them. In case you haven't noticed, we love pics. :gar-Bi

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors